Sometimes it is fun to dig the berm and see what you find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Normal stuff on the right, fun stuff on the left

Can anyone pick out the Swede bullet (probably)

20221202_160319-2621492.jpg

Look at that bottom one. Sheared right in have.

20221202_160410-2621491.jpg

I like shotguns, but I'm not all up to date on shotgun ammo.

What is that plastic round ball in a slug above?

and these slugs with plastic bottom pieces still attached below?

20221202_160510-2621493.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to know a guy who would occasionally dig in the berm at TrI-City. It used to be a Nat’l Guard training range, so he found all sorts of interesting things back in the day. The wildest was a training rocket.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a little collection of stuff found at the berm. Mostly pure lead bullets. One must have been a .70 cal muzzle loader or something. It's mushroomed out to 1 1/2 " and heavier than any bullet I've ever felt.
For the OP's question about the shotgun slugs with wads attached they are Brenneke slugs. The manufacturer wants the wad to remain with the slug to stabilize the slug while in flight.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to know a guy who would occasionally dig in the berm at TrI-City. It used to be a Nat’l Guard training range, so he found all sorts of interesting things back in the day. The wildest was a training rocket.
There is a beach outside Morro Bay that use to be used for amphibious landing training in WWII. It has a big sign with pictures of grenades, mortars and shells. "WARNING: If you find any of these items DO NOT TOUCH call Sheriff Department immediately"

Latest posts

Top Bottom