Somewhat Quiet Tulsa Area Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Electronic earmuffs! Your son won't hear the shot or even a slide going into battery but he will hear everything you say to him. I have all my girls wearing them. While hearing protection is important, so is communication.
We have found that the lower decibel noises are actually amplified thru the muffs. This is handy when you need to whisper to eachother.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My son is a high functioning autistic, noises bug the crap out of him, UNLESS he is making the noises. I shoot (electronic earmuffs and triple flange inserts) and he doesn't like it a bit, he shoots and no issues whatsoever... Strange, but true.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. My son is down with the flu right now so this weekend is off the table. On the plus side I have lots of options to look at now. I may head out to 2A Sunday and try a few different round options and see what will work reliably subsonic in it. I keep waiting for the Hearing Protection Act to pass, but I may just say F it and start the process for buying a can for it now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom