*LOCKED* Son Of Pastor Killed By Snake During Sermon Gets Bitten By Snake During Sermon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since you have decided to go low and disregard that whole "private" thing ; why don't you just go ahead and copy and paste what I said for all to see?

Because you'll just erase it and then put a ban on the person who posted it because it's not something you like.
It's the S.O.P. of the moderators here.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because you'll just erase it and then put a ban on the person who posted it because it's not something you like.
It's the S.O.P. of the moderators here.

No, actually, I wouldn't "erase" it. Nor would I "ban" the person who posted it. Sure, I have deleted posts made by other members, and will continue to do so, if they are in violation of a rule, or in my judgment, are inappropriate or offensive. That's just the way it works. Surely, you understand what I mean? It's not to be taken personally, if I or another moderator delete a post that someone makes that we deem inappropriate. That's part of what the guy that owns the site asked us to do. Apply our judgment to a situation when it's not clearly outlined in our rules. We try to maintain an atmosphere that is friendly. But sadly, that isn't always the case, for example when someone starts posting things that are offensive to others, we have to do something.

Oh, sure, there have been times when I wanted to outright ban someone, but that will rarely happen. The software keeps track of infractions for us. (kinda like Santa; it knows if you are naughty or nice). I think our rules and guidelines are very open and even somewhat lax. And another thing pops up here; it shouldn't be an issue of the members vs. the moderators, and you know what? With very few exceptions, it isn't a problem. Really. Most of our problems come from a small handful of folks who seem to be here only to act out. The vast majority of our members are great folks; always there with an answer, willing to help, positive in their attitude and outlook. But we do have a few people here that do little for the forum; or for the other members; that seem to thrive on negativity. Those are the ones I wish would stop the BS and try to make OSA a better place to hangout with like minded folks.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, actually, I wouldn't "erase" it. Nor would I "ban" the person who posted it. Sure, I have deleted posts made by other members, and will continue to do so, if they are in violation of a rule, or in my judgment, are inappropriate or offensive. That's just the way it works. Surely, you understand what I mean? It's not to be taken personally, if I or another moderator delete a post that someone makes that we deem inappropriate. That's part of what the guy that owns the site asked us to do. Apply our judgment to a situation when it's not clearly outlined in our rules. We try to maintain an atmosphere that is friendly. But sadly, that isn't always the case, for example when someone starts posting things that are offensive to others, we have to do something.

Oh, sure, there have been times when I wanted to outright ban someone, but that will rarely happen. The software keeps track of infractions for us. (kinda like Santa; it knows if you are naughty or nice). I think our rules and guidelines are very open and even somewhat lax. And another thing pops up here; it shouldn't be an issue of the members vs. the moderators, and you know what? With very few exceptions, it isn't a problem. Really. Most of our problems come from a small handful of folks who seem to be here only to act out. The vast majority of our members are great folks; always there with an answer, willing to help, positive in their attitude and outlook. But we do have a few people here that do little for the forum; or for the other members; that seem to thrive on negativity. Those are the ones I wish would stop the BS and try to make OSA and better place to hangout with like minded folks.
You say its not personal, but in almost 3 years on OSA, you are the only mod to give me grief over what ever post of the day that offended you
That's on multiple occasions as well. I will also point out that some of the posts I have made that you got all over my ass about, you turned around and said some of the same a week later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom