Sorry if I laugh at your pain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is about the same friend as the 3-wheeler story, above. We have been friends and hunting buddies for 42 years.

We were going to Colorado, elk hunting. We built a plywood cabin on my lowboy trailer. Stood plywood on end, U-bolts around rails and lag bolt a 2x4 for a ceiling joist. We get it built to suit our wants. number the pieces, disassemble and stack on trailer.

We get to Colorado, find a camp site and start assembling the cabin. There is about a foot of snow and I am gathering firewood, as Bill is setting lagbolts, with a 24" spanner wrench. I come around the end of the trailer, see Bill is standing on the fender, reaching over head to put a lagbolt on the top 2x4. His is stretched out and straining, when the spanner slipped and he hit himself, with the end of the wrench, squarely on top of head, Stiff as a board, he fell back and made a perfect Wile E, Coyote imprint the snow,

Mike and I rush over, Bill's eyes are open, but glassy, We look down and he blinks. "G'D that hurts",
WE bust out laughing,

To this day, we say "Spanner wrench" and he rubs his head and tears up,

I have several more of his escapades,

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mom grew up with no utilities in a cabin in the Arkansas hills. She said my grandfather would laugh his ass off for an hour every time anyone got hurt. For heat and cooking they had a huge rock fireplace you could almost stand up in....ALMOST. My grandfather was tall and bald and one cold day after kindling a fire he reared up and cracked his shiny dome smack on the top of that fireplace. She said it was like a Roadrunner cartoon where you could literally see the knot rising on his head. The rest of the family laughed all day and still laugh years later!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did so much stupid stuff back in the day it would overwhelm the bandwidth of this forum to list them all.
Used to climb out the passenger window of a buddies truck into the bed of another buddies truck bed to get a beer from his ice chest and climb back into ours at Highway speeds, attempt to water ski behind our SS Taylor jet boat at over 80 mph, and the list goes on.
Lucky to be alive with all the stupid shat we did.
Wife even comments on how docile I am now.
Been there, done that, in it for the long haul now.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.

My grandad and my grandma's brother were best friends - they worked together, hunted and fished together. They both worked at the shell plant in Quapaw during the war (to give you an idea of their age).

Joe (my uncle) was up on a very tall homemade ladder hauling split oak shingles up to roof the barn. Nearly to the top, a rung busted and he slid all the way down, the rungs removing a little more meat of his shins as he passed each one.

Grandpa nearly died laughing, said it was the funniest thing he'd seen.

(Grandpa was also the one that killed a squirrel with a black walnut at a family reunion at Mohawk Park. He was a helluva pitcher, and he and a couple of brothers could literally squirrel hunt successfully with rocks. Someone called BS on this, so he picked up a green black walnut and fast-pitched a squirrel in front of everyone)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.

My grandad and my grandma's brother were best friends - they worked together, hunted and fished together. They both worked at the shell plant in Quapaw during the war (to give you an idea of their age).

Joe (my uncle) was up on a very tall homemade ladder hauling split oak shingles up to roof the barn. Nearly to the top, a rung busted and he slid all the way down, the rungs removing a little more meat of his shins as he passed each one.

Grandpa nearly died laughing, said it was the funniest thing he'd seen.

(Grandpa was also the one that killed a squirrel with a black walnut at a family reunion at Mohawk Park. He was a helluva pitcher, and he and a couple of brothers could literally squirrel hunt successfully with rocks. Someone called BS on this, so he picked up a green black walnut and fast-pitched a squirrel in front of everyone)

I remember Quapaw, but not the plant. We had relatives that lived near Quapaw and trained quarter horses. If I remember right, they trained one for Mickey Mantle.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember Quapaw, but not the plant. We had relatives that lived near Quapaw and trained quarter horses. If I remember right, they trained one for Mickey Mantle.
I guess they opened up a casing plant to make shells for the war. Dad's family lived there from 1942-1945, I believe. They wouldn't take Grandpa in the Army (he had had a burst appendix a couple years earlier that nearly killed him, and had some bad after=effects of that. Not sure why they didn't take Joe.

Both of them got Tularemia (rabbit fever) during that period and THAT nearly killed both of them. Tough old dudes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You old coots are Fing ruthless LOL
4B5EA3FF-EAC7-4B9C-A58E-412DD5E8525A.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a kid a friend and I had a rule if you want to play with us.
If someone gets hurt you must laugh at them.
Pain is funny a lot of times or how you got the pain is.

We told them if you have a bone sticking out of your broken arm we will laugh at you it is just the rules but we will take you to the hospital and get you fixed up but that had to be funny how you wiped out to get that busted arm.

So here is one story that made a guy quit riding 4 wheelers with us.

Riding trails and buddy crossed the creek and said he was going that way I said trail ended and stay on this side.
Him : Nope I will go across and then at the end I will just go up the side of the bank and be back on top with you.

Me: Won't work the bank is too steep and you will flip the 4 wheeler over onto yourself.

Him : No i got this.
New guy goes with my buddy.

End of the line now and buddy decides to go up the bank.
Him: I will just get my front tires on top of the creek bank and gas it and the 4 wheeler will shoot right up on top.
Me: No it will flip over on you and submerge you in the creek.

So i get off my 4 wheeler and tell new guy get off his and stand beside my buddy with his front wheels up on the
top of the creek bank.
I said we stand here and when the 4 wheeler flips on top of him we can pull it off.

Go Time.
VROOM! 4 wheel flips and is on top of my buddy and only his feet and ankles and wrists and hands are out of the water and he is trying to push that heavy 4 wheeler off of himself.

New guy reaches down to pull the 4 wheeler off of my buddy.
I stop him and said wait a minute or so.
I will tell you when we will pull it off.
He said he can drown under there.
I said he don't breathe water!

30 or 40 seconds later my buddys hands go go limp like he gave up on trying to lift the 4 wheeler.
I said NOW!
We pull the 4 wheel off of him and my buddy sits up and gets some fresh air and shakes his head off and said
YEP! You was right Jethro.

New guy was shaken and said you could have drowned!
My buddy looked at him with a crooked head and said I DON'T BREATHE WATER.

New guy never rode with us again said we were nuts and would get someone killed.

We laughed at him.. Because it was funny :)

We are still alive and in our mid 50's and still pull stupid stuff every now and then.

I remember wanting to be a stunt man and practiced jumping over the side bed of a moving truck and at 20 MPH I could stick the landing and stay on my feet and run. (In Grass)
Teenager of course.
Thanks Fall Guy series!

2 years ago I talked my buddy into letting me try it jumping off his running board in a field at speed.

Not as fast as I once was but we got a good laugh out of it.
He said all he seen was me jumping off in the mirror and then legs and flailing arms then legs again.

HA HA!!! yep I went for a few flips and had to go back to the landing area to find my glasses :)

Good morning all.
I usually tell people I'm crazy, not stupid. Got to admit I'm not as crazy as you are. And you're still alive, so maybe not as stupid as I've been a few times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom