Sources for realistically priced 11.5" barrels and opinions on adjustable gas blocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plodding forward slowly with a SBR build, Shopping for an 11.5" barrel and low profile adjustable gas block (Will be a dedicated suppressed gun with hand guard as close to or just up to the can). Many options out there, any recommendations, and reasons for your own choices?

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a dedicated suppressed SBR, I would forgo the adjustable gas block and drill my own port size in the gas block. You'd get a block that was tuned for all the parts in your system, and you wouldn't have to worry about any adjustment screws or anything coming loose. Also, if you used a block like the one below: 'Baby Govnah', then you could pin it to your barrel so the gas block wouldn't come loose.

It's only $30 too.

http://micromoa.com/?page_id=1327

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my Colt RR I had , it had the M4 Commando 11.5 upper on it. Ran like a top with the m4 2000 can on it. The upper was factory with a FSB.

Now I got a Black Rain full auto lower I put together with a YHM 10.5 barrel, and a the adjustable gas block from Black Rain, and it's a nice set up. The adjustment screw has its own detent and will not back out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom