Southwest Airlines, first time disappoint!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And damn did they go all the way in totally pissing me off !!!
Landed in Dallas and they kept us on the runway for quite sometime before they taxied to the gate, thanked us for our patience?? And then caused me to miss a connecting flight to Houston, then the ticket counter lady says I can get on the next flight at 6:15 in the morning, my fiancé has already driven 45 minutes to her sons house so he can drive her to the airport to pick me up, The second ticket counter lady says shall we put him up ? And they give me a voucher, I start calling all the numbers on the voucher and the 5th or 6th one has a room, I get a Lyft to drive me over and the clerk says it’s not the right voucher, it’s 10:30 pm and I’m tired and not in a good mood, my bag with my EDC inside is sitting Houston hopefully secured along with clothes, prescription meds and some other valuable stuff and I’m stuck in Dallas paying for a motel room and Lyft rides wondering and very impatient!!, I may need to start a go fund me account for bail money !
Rant over !!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you called it!

9861B5B3-68DF-419D-A773-07C4D3164F01.jpeg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fly SW all the time, they have treated me better than any airline. The gate delay in Dallas was not Southwest's fault, likely the assigned gate still had an aircraft in it, and the airport would not direct you to another gate.

I am surprised they didn't hold the Houston flight for you though, I have been on many SW flights where they held the outgoing flight for late connections. I've been one of those a couple of times and really appreciated the fact that they got me home.

AA is the only one that has dumped me like you describe, and to this day I do everything not to fly them, so I understand you not wanting to fly SW again.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a bad experience with every single major American flagged airline except Hawaiian (only flown once) and Alaska (never flown).

They all suck. It is just luck if you get a good or neutral experience.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a bad experience with every single major American flagged airline except Hawaiian (only flown once) and Alaska (never flown).

They all suck. It is just luck if you get a good or neutral experience.
Alaska is the best, I have missed a flight due to LAX buffoonery, they simply let us go on the next one. I don't think I have ever had a bad experience. They have old school Pacific Northwest customer service, like Nordstrom and Fred Meyer.

I really miss Virgin America, my wife and I generally dress up to fly. Back when we were young and hip we were on a Virgin flight, staff approached us and said we were their ideal virgin customers and exactly who they wanted on their planes. Then took us in the back, staff area fed us shots and comped our food and drink for the flight. Best flight ever. Sadly Virgin is no longer with us, but got purchased by Alaska so it is not all bad.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They all disappoint. I have been screwed multiple times without an adequate resolution. When I have the option I fly Delta. Usually 5-7 times a year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom