Spam Text Messages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've blocked calls without any issues . . . how are you blocking the messages?
I use a ATT app for security. Your cell provider should have one thats free though added features may cost more. I dont block numbers anymore because it doesnt help. I ended up with a blocked number list a mile long and the spam calls and texts still kept coming. With the security app turned on, it blocks about 50-70% of them.

Bottom line there is only so much even security apps can do. I dont answer calls or texts I dont recognize. If they call and dont leave a message, its spam. If a text doesn't have the company name in the text, it gets deleted

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont get the texts but i do get several calls a week and i just love giving them hell with stupid answers to their stupid questions and aggravating the hell out of them, it gives me the best laughs cussing me out. And yes my life is boring so i have to have a few good laughs now and then.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can block all you want but they have a way to use another "stolen or borrowed" number to sell or scam you. If I don't recognize the number I won't answer and if it is someone I might know they'll leave a message and I'll return the call. It can only get worse.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a ATT app for security. Your cell provider should have one thats free though added features may cost more. I dont block numbers anymore because it doesnt help. I ended up with a blocked number list a mile long and the spam calls and texts still kept coming. With the security app turned on, it blocks about 50-70% of them.

Bottom line there is only so much even security apps can do. I dont answer calls or texts I dont recognize. If they call and dont leave a message, its spam. If a text doesn't have the company name in the text, it gets deleted

I moved to only accepting phone calls from numbers in my contacts. If they call and leave a message I'll add them as a contact.

I probably have that same AT&T app. It blocks some calls, but have no idea if the thing blocks texts. Doesn't seem to, but who knows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom