Spam Text Messages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't that one of those government programs to help save us.
Worked on land lines, but the new technology of spoofing unused phone numbers, and even sometimes real numbers has overwhelmed the current Telecom technology or if the truth were known, they really don't care to fix it.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked on land lines, but the new technology of spoofing unused phone numbers, and even sometimes real numbers has overwhelmed the current Telecom technology or if the truth were known, they really don't care to fix it.

I guess it worked excellent on land lines. I can honestly say that I never received a text message on the old land line.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it worked excellent on land lines. I can honestly say that I never received a text message on the old land line.
We certainly received spam and telemarketing right CALLS right? Just like we do text and spam calls on our cell phones currently.
Spam/telemarketing, be it text or calls is the same.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We certainly received spam and telemarketing right CALLS right? Just like we do text and spam calls on our cell phones currently.
Spam/telemarketing, be it text or calls is the same.
Yes I get spam calls on my cell and had them on the land line. Can't say I get any spam texts on the cell. If I ever do, I don't plan on reading it and will just delete it. If I am expecting a call from an unknown number I usually answer. If I am not expecting any unknown callers I just let it go to voice. Sometimes I don't even carry my phone like it used to be with the land line.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing a sudden increase in spam text messages? I've received them off and on over the years, but it seems like they're getting worse lately.

Even my wife is getting more of them it seems.

I wish I could outright block the numbers on my iPhone instead of just hiding the alerts.
I use Hiya for my blocker and it’s free and does a pretty good job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom