Spanish "Ruby" Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I just picked up what I believe to be a Spanish Ruby style pistol for a buck fifty, figured I couldn't go wrong for a 106 year old piece with such clean finish.

From what I've gathered, it's probably a Retoloza Hermanos manufacture, but the pistol itself lacks any sort of identifying marks you'd normally expect, except for an "R" that sorta looks like the stamping you'd expect behind the grips and an "L" stamped behind the grips where you'd normally find the oval shaped identifying mark.

It's a long shot, but does anyone here have any more knowledge about the Rubys? This one looks dimensionally smaller, lacks the raised sights and only holds 6/7+1 instead of the traditional 9. Thanks,

Logan

20210716_171306.jpg
20210716_171320.jpg
20210716_171950.jpg

Last edited:

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know exactly nothing about nothing when it comes to that pistol. All I have to say is That’s one Cool Little Gun!
That's what sold me. They have a cool history too. It's nearly guaranteed to have been used in either WW1, the Spanish Civil War or WW2

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! I know the gun but can not place it at the moment. Sucks getting old.

OK I did some research and it is a Titanic 1914 Ruby. I had one for a short while but never got around to firing it. At one time I had several Ruby pistols and revolvers. I think I sold a couple to members. Anyway here is a some info on them.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/other-handguns/eibar-ruby/

Last edited:

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! I know the gun but can not place it at the moment. Sucks getting old.

OK I did some research and it is a Titanic 1914 Ruby. I had one for a short while but never got around to firing it. At one time I had several Ruby pistols and revolvers. I think I sold a couple to members. Anyway here is a some info on them.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/other-handguns/eibar-ruby/
I certainly appreciate it. I've done quite a bit of digging and came across that a few times. At this point, I'm trying to actually find some detailed manuals if they exist, possibly an idea on value if any, and a bit more on Retolaza Hermanos.

I'm actually in the process of detail stripping the piece, cleaning and (hopefully) properly reassembling as the previous owner had reassembled incorrectly and believed it to be broken. Of course, I'm only learning to be a gunsmith, not at all certified, but these guns arent too complicated, just unique and cool!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I certainly appreciate it. I've done quite a bit of digging and came across that a few times. At this point, I'm trying to actually find some detailed manuals if they exist, possibly an idea on value if any, and a bit more on Retolaza Hermanos.

I'm actually in the process of detail stripping the piece, cleaning and (hopefully) properly reassembling as the previous owner had reassembled incorrectly and believed it to be broken. Of course, I'm only learning to be a gunsmith, not at all certified, but these guns arent too complicated, just unique and cool!

I have never seen a manual on Ruby pistols. I think the best you can do is see if it copies any well known pistol. Most Rubys did. I had a Ruby copy of the S&W M10 in 8mm Lebel at one time. Wish I still did. The 1914 looks like it might be similar to the Browning 1910 if I remember correctly.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to ask if it is a twist barrel? I think that was the most common take down method.
Yes it is. I detail stripped the gun down to its roughly 8-10 parts and its pretty clean. Not sure if I plan to actually shoot it but if I did, at least all of the parts are matching serials

Latest posts

Top Bottom