Spare mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the good comments and insight have encouraged me to start carrying a spare mag with my Sig. Haven't really given it a second thought until now. Thanks Gentlemen!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 26, which has 10 rds in the short mag. If I'm in my car I usually have a couple of spare magazines (12 or 15 rd) in the car but not actually in my pockets.

If I'm out for a walk I'll often put a spare mag in my opposite side pocket. Sometimes not, then I only carry the pistol with 10 rds. It's all a compromise since I can't fit my AR and 3 spare mags in my pocket!

Well, carrying spare ammo in your car is great. If you are ever involved in an armed encounter...

IN YOUR CAR! :yikes2:

Always remember boys and girls, an armed encounter is ALWAYS a "come as you are" event. Meaning if you don't pack the necessary gear to fight and win EVERY DAY than you've just compromised yourself.

This is serious business. No matter what you THINK will happen, you can never be sure. If you have made the decision to pack a full sized weapon on your person, a little ol' spare magazine isn't that much more of a burden. :disappoin

As for the method of carrying a spare mag? The sky is the limit. All I'm gonna say is get SOME KIND of carrier. Don't just have a spare mag wollowing around loosely in your pocket, picking up lint, fuzz and maybe a dime or something. This will not only be stuck in your mag, but it will go right into your weapon when you need it the most.

GET A MAG CARRIER FOR YOUR BELT!!! :soapbox:

It's just silly not to. Guys will drop a C note for a custom made IWB holster, but they won't spend another 20/30 bucks for a quality mag pouch. :screwy:

Do you carry a spare tire for your car/truck?????? Why on earth wouldn't you carry a spare magazine or two for your pistol!!??

I use that reason all the time! :clap3:

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always carry a spare mag. Cargo pants have gotten so popular, they no longer scream "gun" when you wear them. Plenty of pockets to carry plenty of stuff. The 5.11 cargo pants and shorts have a nifty little pocket on the left side that is perfect for a mag or speed strip (probably because that is what it was designed for?) It closes with a velcro flap.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1

I'm new to the whole CCW arena, and truly appreciate the advice that could save my life one day!

One thing you really need to do if your are new or have never had any firearm training you Must go get some!!!!!!!!!

The good trainers out there will teach how and why you need to carry and to use the gun as well as how to keep it running in a fight..
Notice I said fight not ( gun fight).
Look in the Training section for local trainers.

And take as many classes as you can.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what ya mean, man...
Soon as I figure out how to conceal this thing:

[Broken External Image]

...I'll be allllright. :cool:

Seriously though...Like others have said - better to have it and not need it than to need it & not have it.
I use this:

[Broken External Image]

Doesn't really help you though, as I don't tuck in my shirts....

Maybe this will help....http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...able+mag+holster&aq=1&oq=tuckable+mag+&aqi=g3

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what ya mean, man...
Soon as I figure out how to conceal this thing:

[Broken External Image]

...I'll be allllright. :cool:

Seriously though...Like others have said - better to have it and not need it than to need it & not have it.
I use this:

[Broken External Image]

Doesn't really help you though, as I don't tuck in my shirts....

Maybe this will help....http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...able+mag+holster&aq=1&oq=tuckable+mag+&aqi=g3

Get rid of that Bianchi "Professional" and score yourself a Milt Sparks "Versa Max 2" and that big ol' iron will downright disapear.

I'm loving that mag/flashlight paddle. It looks like a Galco "MFP" or is it a Gould & Goodrich B860?

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get rid of that Bianchi "Professional" and score yourself a Milt Sparks "Versa Max 2" and that big ol' iron will downright disapear.

I'm loving that mag/flashlight paddle. It looks like a Galco "MFP" or is it a Gould & Goodrich B860?

I dig my "Professional" for now...it suits me just fine for the price and the availability. (cheap AND no wait...:wink: ) But, thanks for the tip.

You are correct - it is indeed the Galco COP MFP! Absolutely love it. Ya know...kinda like carrying a pocket knife...you don't realize how handy it is to have a flashlight until you carry one for a little while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom