SPDguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SPDguns who works in Stillwater, is my new gunsmith. I took my problem child to him and there is a definite improvement in how the gun functions.

A bit of background: my S&W Model 986, as some of you may remember, has had some real problems with ignition reliability, in that the primers especially Winchester and other hard primer brands. Fiocchi comes to mind here. It was fairly reliable with Federal and Remington.

Dave installed a new (longer) firing pin, and a Wolf spring and it is like I said earlier, greatly improved. There were just two misfires out of about 100 WWB 9 mm hardball rounds and they could be due to poor trigger technique on my part. Anyway, I'll load some moon clips up with some more WWB rounds today or tonight and see what they do. If they go bang reliably, I'll consider the problem solved.

It looks like you done good for me Dave. Thank you.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
David is good people. Gary’s post reminded me that I talked to David a couple months ago about going through a couple of mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom