Speaker Ryan says NRA-backed silencers bill shelved indefinitely

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Realistically, it would be better to wait for a more politically opportune moment to bring this bill to the floor. Given the recent shootings, it would give more ammunition(lol) to the democrats than necessary.

I understand but disagree. This only serves to protect the establishment. You know those that campaigned on being pro 2A? Getting them on record lets us know who to vote out in the mid-term. By not letting them vote we can't see their true intentions. McCain and Ocare repeal comes to mind, he wouldn't even vote on a procedueal vote to get it to the floor for an actual vote. I say vote and see who the turncoats are.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see delaying it for awhile, in fact it would be best it did. It would be shot down in flames coming up for a vote right now.
Ryan and his cohorts aren't thinking about what you and I need, they are looking down the road at the next election to see how the tide comes in from the public on this incident before they do anything related to guns.

100% agree.

Ryan sucks but I can't fault him for this move.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Realistically, it would be better to wait for a more politically opportune moment to bring this bill to the floor. Given the recent shootings, it would give more ammunition(lol) to the democrats than necessary.

I say to put it up as scheduled and stick it in their face. Make them spout off their anti-gun rights rhetoric and not give them a pass by not forcing the issue. It's gonna be a tough fight no matter what under any circumstances.

Woody

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say to put it up as scheduled and stick it in their face. Make them spout off their anti-gun rights rhetoric and not give them a pass by not forcing the issue. It's gonna be a tough fight no matter what under any circumstances.

Woody

Exactly. This bill had bi-partisan support. Delaying it will only give that support a chance to dissolve. It'll show how much real support is there vs. those that pay it lip service to help get elected knowing they'll never have to vote on actual passage. There's wayyy too much of this going on these days.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. This bill had bi-partisan support. Delaying it will only give that support a chance to dissolve. It'll show how much real support is there vs. those that pay it lip service to help get elected knowing they'll never have to vote on actual passage. There's wayyy too much of this going on these days.

The last thing you want for a bill you really want passed is a solid defeat in a vote. It makes it much harder to get back on the schedule.

Public bipartisan support for this bill evaporated before the bodies cooled off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess my question is this , did the bill have a reasonable chance of passing in the first place.
I honestly think it did have a chance of passing the House anyway.
My mind is blank at the moment with the name of the organization promoting this. They have really done their homework getting the folks in the House out to a range for practical demonstrations or presenting them with the information that sadly hitlery and her ilk hasn't seen or chooses to ignore.
I don't need to go over the facts of cans with this forum, but those that aren't familiar with the real life versions only rely on the hollywood PFFTT that they think it makes. That makes it a silencer, vs the real use which is a suppressor.
Sad that it got a setback, but I'm betting it comes back before long.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last thing you want for a bill you really want passed is a solid defeat in a vote. It makes it much harder to get back on the schedule.

Public bipartisan support for this bill evaporated before the bodies cooled off.

I'd absolutely LOVE to take my chances with a new Speaker and some new members of the House if it didn't pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom