Speaker Ryan says NRA-backed silencers bill shelved indefinitely

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd absolutely LOVE to take my chances with a new Speaker and some new members of the House if it didn't pass.

It failing at this point would not resonate one bit in the next House election....the public's memory is short and the numbers of people who care about, and are informed about, this bill are not near enough to change the republican power structure in the House.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see delaying it for awhile, in fact it would be best it did. It would be shot down in flames coming up for a vote right now.
Ryan and his cohorts aren't thinking about what you and I need, they are looking down the road at the next election to see how the tide comes in from the public on this incident before they do anything related to guns.
I couldn't agree more, going forward with it would be political suicide.

I don't see HPA being passed anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, going forward with it would be political suicide.

I don't see HPA being passed anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It would have had a hard time in the senate. There are 300 bills passed by the House that are backlogged in the Senate because they are swamp people. Both sides.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lyin' Ryan needs to be kick out of the Speakers spot......he is really a leftest democrat deep inside himself.....Bet ...he voted for HillHag also......

OK, you may not like Rep Ryan but to say he is a leftist is a gross misstatement. He is deeply conservative in the traditional U.S. sense of that word. Recently, however, the right and left extremes have decided that they alone get to determine who are the "true believers" in their respective parties. Those judgments seem to be based on extremely rigid ideological views. That's why the idea of finding workable common ground - at least on as many issues as possible - is now almost considered treason by those folks. Its also why American political system is suffering so much now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, you may not like Rep Ryan but to say he is a leftist is a gross misstatement. He is deeply conservative in the traditional U.S. sense of that word. Recently, however, the right and left extremes have decided that they alone get to determine who are the "true believers" in their respective parties. Those judgments seem to be based on extremely rigid ideological views. That's why the idea of finding workable common ground - at least on as many issues as possible - is now almost considered treason by those folks. Its also why American political system is suffering so much now.
Wrong, its the Senate that has brought the political process to a standstill. For a more factual statement, its the Republican Senate that is the swamp.
The House has sent over 300 bills to the Senate and they languish in never-never land.
McConnel is the blocker. He is the leader of the swamp.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deeply conservative? In what way is this "traditional"? Religious? Because there's nothing substantially "conservative" about anything he's done in Congress as Speaker. He may not be a full blown leftist like Collins, Murkowski or some of the other "Republicans" that caucus with the Dems, but he's a GOPe RINO through and through. :(

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deeply conservative? In what way is this "traditional"? Religious? Because there's nothing substantially "conservative" about anything he's done in Congress as Speaker. He may not be a full blown leftist like Collins, Murkowski or some of the other "Republicans" that caucus with the Dems, but he's a GOPe RINO through and through. :(
1. Supports a strong national defense
2. Strongly anti-abortion, Libertarians (well some of them) may not like this but it has been a tenet of Conservatism for at least 4 decades now
3. Supports return to block grants to States over Federal mandates and budget coercion
4. Strongly pro-business /growth economic platform
5. Supports lowering tax rates, simplifying the tax code, and minimizing burdensome Federal regulations

There are five he supports that have long been associated with US Conservatism

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. Supports a strong national defense
2. Strongly anti-abortion, Libertarians (well some of them) may not like this but it has been a tenet of Conservatism for at least 4 decades now
3. Supports return to block grants to States over Federal mandates and budget coercion
4. Strongly pro-business /growth economic platform
5. Supports lowering tax rates, simplifying the tax code, and minimizing burdensome Federal regulations

There are five he supports that have long been associated with US Conservatism

Until he actually has to put them up for a vote and cast a vote himself? Have they done any of that stuff yet or just paid it lip service?

Ryan is an establishment team player when it comes to depriving Trump anything on his agenda. He like the rest of them was quaking in his shoes when Trump won. Now they have a .prez that will sign all that stuff they said they wanted. I'm sick of their gaming and lying.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll never get anywhere until Congress takes its metaphorical testicles out of that shelter they have hidden them in. It seems any tragedy is just another excuse to leave them there. I believe the bottom line is that they do not intend to backtrack on any restrictions on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I don't believe it is a 'touchy' issue at all. I believe it is purely agenda driven.

Woody

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until he actually has to put them up for a vote and cast a vote himself? Have they done any of that stuff yet or just paid it lip service?

Ryan is an establishment team player when it comes to depriving Trump anything on his agenda. He like the rest of them was quaking in his shoes when Trump won. Now they have a .prez that will sign all that stuff they said they wanted. I'm sick of their gaming and lying.

The House Budget votes comes up on 05 Oct IIRC. The continuing resolution goes through December so both Houses have that long to pass bills, reconcile them and send them to the President. The House budget bill is looking like it will support all of the things mentioned above by me. Of course, all bills are subject to amending so we will have to see what makes it to the floor and what survives reconciliation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom