Speaking of cell phones - Crazy conversations overheard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What was the craziest thing you have overheard someone in public say on their cell in public?

Wifey and I were shopping in a tile and flooring store on Reno. We overheard the lady next to us answer her phone. Instead of going outside she kept wandering around the sales floor. Bits and pieces of the conversation went like this:

"Hi honey... Blood, what blood? On the floor and the wall... Who's screaming? I can't hear you settle down and... the police? Why the hell did you call... did you call... SHUTUP! Did you call the police? yeah I'll come home but ...I can't come in they have it roped off? Fire! WHAT FIRE? oh the firetruck. OK, well... "

That's when she finally walked out the door. Poor woman, we prayed for her.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang! Can't imagine anything topping that. All I can think of is boring and oh so annoying with someone sitting nearby at a restaurant. Seems to happen a few times a year.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't top OP but several years ago in a greasy chicken establishment (which was advertising Fresh Gizzards! as their special of the day), a lady picked up a big "to go" order and rushed toward the door with her cell phone glued to the side of her head.
She was loudly telling somebody "Get the table ready! Oh, and get the bottle of wine out of the closet too!"
I was kinda curious, what kind of wine goes with greasy fried chicken or with gizzards but she got away before I could ask.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't top OP but several years ago in a greasy chicken establishment (which was advertising Fresh Gizzards! as their special of the day), a lady picked up a big "to go" order and rushed toward the door with her cell phone glued to the side of her head.
She was loudly telling somebody "Get the table ready! Oh, and get the bottle of wine out of the closet too!"
I was kinda curious, what kind of wine goes with greasy fried chicken or with gizzards but she got away before I could ask.
Closet wine, obviously. :)

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard a similar thing happen when I was at my wife's apartment before we got married. Its was in a bad neighborhood to say the least about 9pm one night. Cops banging on door across walkway. OPEN UP POLICE!! We are peaking out shades. Lights turn off cops leave after a few minutes. Lights turn on then back to Cops walk from around corner where they were standing OPEN UP OR WE ARE KICKING DOOR IN!. Cops go in then we hear cops yelling. YOU DON'T GET BLOOD ON THE CEILING FROM A CAR WRECK WHO GOT STABBED. It went on from there was an eventful place for sure.

Another night hear a lady running through place yelling HE TRYIN TO KILL ME HELP HELP. Future wife says. Are you going to go help her? I said nope I ain't no hero getting into a domestic call 911. Then a guy runs out in his underwear to help. He was lucky he didn't end up in a chalk outline before police showed up.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Standing beside my truck in the Food Pyramid parking lot unloading groceries and this smoking hot dirty legged red head was telling someone on the phone what she was gonna do to them when she got home. She evidently didn’t know I was there on the other side of my truck and she was rather graphic with her descriptions of her talents. When I stepped around the front of my truck I made eye contact with her and could tell she was a little bit embarrassed. I was just hoping that my seductive eyes, masculine stature and frisky demeanor would make her forget who she was talking to. I had all the wind let out of my sails when she said “excuse me SIR” as she took her cart to the return area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Fried chicken and wine is a thing. Sparkling, (or champagne) is apparently the best. The saltiness of the chicken (or gizzards) actually makes pairing wine with it sound pretty good. Must be the reason beer is good with it as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom