Speaking of honey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't want to barge in in the classified .
This is my fall honey. I get much more of it than the spring flow. For some reason my bees don't like to cap the spring honey and then consume it through the dearth.
IMG_20230401_223438243.jpg

At one time they kept me busy
IMG_20190506_161559683.jpg
IMG_20190506_161605087_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Job and thanks from us all for your bee keeping. Most people don't even understand the importance of the work they do and the dire need of protecting these little buzzers. Populations are way down and it's almost a treat to see some bees in the yard and garden as they have diminished in numbers so over the last decade. If there's not some miraculous recovery naturally then the future of our feast may depend on us holding cups of pollen in one hand, a feather in the other while precariously planting our feet atop a wobbly ladder to manually pollenate as they have been in other countries. They say you plant a tree for your children or someone else as you will most likely not see the fruits of your labor. I understand the importance of your labor and we all enjoy the fruits you help make possible. Thanks again.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s the stuff. Thirty years ago I didn’t even know there was such a thing as Fall Honey and had a work friend that kept bees and gave me a jar. Sweet Baby Jesus that was the most amazing honey I’d ever had. Talk about a special treat. Huge thanks to all you bee keepers.

Last edited:

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a big mistake about 20 yrs ago. I have known bees are a important part of nature for all my life. But getting repeatedly stung is not my idea of fun.
About 20yrs ago went into a barn to retrieve some fence post to repair a fence. Bees were buzzing around but I paid them no mind. In the process of carrying out one of the bigger post I bumped the barn wall. Oh Bejesus, I was stung about 10 times dropping the post running out of the barn. Left them alone till the next day, went back in to get post attacked again. There was one of the biggest swarms I had ever seen in the corner of the barn. Ok, that's enough, tried killing them with spray but only after getting stung more times again. So I throw 4 or 5 cans of spray inside the barn and shoot them with the 20 gauge. Bees start falling to the ground everywhere, next day bees are dead covering the floor. I can go safely go into my barn again. Fast forward over the years, realize my plants and fruit trees have suffered tremendously due to lack of pollination.
Thinking back now should have gave them the barn. I really didn't keep alot in it at the time. I guess what I'm trying say is sometimes we need to think of the long term effects of our actions (even when angry or aggravated) especially as it relates to the future of our environment.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a big mistake about 20 yrs ago. I have known bees are a important part of nature for all my life. But getting repeatedly stung is not my idea of fun.
About 20yrs ago went into a barn to retrieve some fence post to repair a fence. Bees were buzzing around but I paid them no mind. In the process of carrying out one of the bigger post I bumped the barn wall. Oh Bejesus, I was stung about 10 times dropping the post running out of the barn. Left them alone till the next day, went back in to get post attacked again. There was one of the biggest swarms I had ever seen in the corner of the barn. Ok, that's enough, tried killing them with spray but only after getting stung more times again. So I throw 4 or 5 cans of spray inside the barn and shoot them with the 20 gauge. Bees start falling to the ground everywhere, next day bees are dead covering the floor. I can go safely go into my barn again. Fast forward over the years, realize my plants and fruit trees have suffered tremendously due to lack of pollination.
Thinking back now should have gave them the barn. I really didn't keep alot in it at the time. I guess what I'm trying say is sometimes we need to think of the long term effects of our actions (even when angry or aggravated) especially as it relates to the future of our environment.
You are wiser than many politicians!

Latest posts

Top Bottom