Speaking of okra.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's not overly fond of it but the wife went to Walmart, Target, Homeland and Sprouts yesterday to get me some fresh okra yesterday and there was none to be had at either of the four stores........I wonder what the deal is because normally this time of year all the stores have big piles of okra.

She's headed to the Norman farmers market shortly to see if they have any........with all the stores being out I've got a gut feeling that it's going to be pricey if there is any.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BLM and Antifa have declared that Okra is racist and it has been taken out of stores. (joke). But I wouldn't doubt it if they think of it.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a little further south and I planted my okra earlier than usual and it is just starting to produce good. With the cooler wet spring it may be running a little behind in your neck of the woods.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get any? Don't leave us hanging!
She got to the farmers market early and saw only one older couple with about eight pounds or so........she got enough for two good sized meals for me and she said the fella right behind her bought all the rest, two customers and it was all gone.

The gent selling the okra said pretty much what @2busy did in his post.........the wet and cool temps slowed things down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom