Speaking of suppressors,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at these as well. Have heard good things. But the price of the Huntertown Guargian 22 has caught my eye. sky428 sells them and has posted in the classified section.

Do yourself a favor and go read about Huntertown on the silencer talk and NFA talk forums. They are cheap for a reason. For a .22 suppressor, you don't want anything less than stainless steel. Avoid aluminum baffles like the plague. .22 supressors get DIRTY...VERY DIRTY. You have more options to clean stainless opposed to aluminum. I shot about 2000 rounds before cleaning my spectre once, and it weighed almost 5 ounces more. .22 supressors will accumulate lead and other crap all over the baffles. Throw aluminum in an ultrasonic cleaner and see what happens. Actually....don't do that. you will ruin your aluminum baffles.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now, that's info that's good. Thanks.

There's new legislation being proposed that will make it easier to get suppressors. Hope it makes the cut.

Curious? If a person dies, what happens to the suppressor (legally)?

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and go read about Huntertown on the silencer talk and NFA talk forums. They are cheap for a reason. For a .22 suppressor, you don't want anything less than stainless steel. Avoid aluminum baffles like the plague. .22 supressors get DIRTY...VERY DIRTY. You have more options to clean stainless opposed to aluminum. I shot about 2000 rounds before cleaning my spectre once, and it weighed almost 5 ounces more. .22 supressors will accumulate lead and other crap all over the baffles. Throw aluminum in an ultrasonic cleaner and see what happens. Actually....don't do that. you will ruin your aluminum baffles.

Good to know.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious? If a person dies, what happens to the suppressor (legally)?

$200 transfer tax per item to transfer to your heir is my understanding...

All the more reason file for them all in a trust from the outset! Trust members can be added or removed at will without fuss or muss. The ownership of NFA items remains with the trust, while trust members all retain usage rights of the items - and sale rights! So be careful!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been to the NFA section. Another new experience. :)

Sounds like getting rid of it is worse than getting it, especially if no heir wanted it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom