Speaking of VA hearing aids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a DD-214, and no Service Connected Disabilities, there are still a couple thing the VA will do for EVERY VETERAN.

1. Free hearing test annually. If you need hearing aids, they will provide them free of charge, along with free batteries. They will upgrade them to the newest available technology every 4 years.

2. Free vision test annually. If you need glasses, they will provide you with a free pair every year.

You don’t have to wait to get a VA Disability rating for these free services.

Well, I may have to look into things then. Back in 2017, I went to the VA and attempted to "register" with the VA. At the time, I had no medical needs, so I wasn't asking for any services, just to be registered as a veteran with them for the future. I was told that between the wife and I, we make too much money.

I still don't have any real needs, but I might would be interested in an hearing test.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I may have to look into things then. Back in 2017, I went to the VA and attempted to "register" with the VA. At the time, I had no medical needs, so I wasn't asking for any services, just to be registered as a veteran with them for the future. I was told that between the wife and I, we make too much money.

I still don't have any real needs, but I might would be interested in an hearing test.
The means test.
For Vets who make low income, the VA will treat non-service related medical issues free or at low cost.
If you are a Billionaire, and a Vet (I know of one who owns many vineyards in Napa area) and have service connected disabilities, the VA will treat them free of charge regardless of income level.
For hearing and eyesight, the VA will give free exams and free hearing aids and glasses to ALL VETERANS.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The means test.
For Vets who make low income, the VA will treat non-service related medical issues free or at low cost.
If you are a Billionaire, and a Vet (I know of one who owns many vineyards in Napa area) and have service connected disabilities, the VA will treat them free of charge regardless of income level.
For hearing and eyesight, the VA will give free exams and free hearing aids and glasses to ALL VETERANS.

Therein may be the problem. I don't really have any service connected disabilities. The closest I have to that was range time in Basic and occasionally having earphones on while "taking code."

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Therein may be the problem. I don't really have any service connected disabilities. The closest I have to that was range time in Basic and occasionally having earphones on while "taking code."
Hearing Aids and Glasses are the two freebies for every veteran.
No need for service connection.
No need to make low income.

FREE FOR ALL VETERANS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom