Speeding ticket question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And if you don't pay or show up, you get a FTA. Then a warrant is put out for your arrest. Then if you get pulled over again, you get arrested with no bond. Now your in jail until you go up in front of the Judge.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if you don't pay or show up, you get a FTA. Then a warrant is put out for your arrest. Then if you get pulled over again, you get arrested with no bond. Now your in jail until you go up in front of the Judge.

yeah, NOT paying is really not something i'm considering. I deal with the cops enough in my volunteer work, i don't need to find myself on the wrong side of the interaction

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago I got a speeding ticket in Texas and the officer told me if I took a Driver's Safety Course the ticket would be dropped from my record. I took the 8 hr course and the matter was dropped. Oklahoma should have such a deal.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, NOT paying is really not something i'm considering. I deal with the cops enough in my volunteer work, i don't need to find myself on the wrong side of the interaction

This maybe your answer. In the past I have had an leo friend contact the agency that issued me a ticket and was able to get them to drop the ticket. So, the question is do you know one of the leo's you work with well enough to request this favor?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can show up, you can ask the court to take the ticket “under advisement”. The court may esponge it from your record if you don’t get another ticket in a period of time in Kansas, maybe 90 or 120 days. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

Also, my family members who drive, took a voluntary defensive driving course and it lowered our insurance premiums almost 10%. This was as not related to accidents or tickets, just a discount most insurance companies offer.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May not even need to show up - call the city prosecutor of the town where you got your ticket (or the district attorney’s office if the citation was issued by a county sheriff) and explain how far away you live; your good driving record; etc. and ask if you plead no contest could you be placed on probation and/or take a driving course in your home town to get the citation expunged. Most jurisdictions will work with good drivers on such cases. If nothing else works, tell them you’ll appear on your court date but it will be to plead not guilty and request a jury trial. They really don’t want to go through that unless it’s for a suspected serial killer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom