Speedstrips and J-Frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The post by Soulman reminded me of a long time question I have had. If you carry speed strips with your j-frame, do you carry 6 rounds or 5? If 5, are they spaced out like this or all nice and snug in the first five slots?

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_speed.jpg

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry it that way because that's the easiest way for me to quickly and correctly reload a 5 shot j-frame. That extra one always gets in the way and ends up on the floor or on the ground.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry it that way because that's the easiest way for me to quickly and correctly reload a 5 shot j-frame. That extra one always gets in the way and ends up on the floor or on the ground.

I know what you mean about losing one. That's why I carry 5. I might try some loads your way and see if that works better.

BC

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what you mean about losing one. That's why I carry 5. I might try some loads your way and see if that works better.

BC

I only carry the speed strip when I'm wearing slacks. Yes it's better than carrying rounds loose in a pocket, but it's something you've got to really practice or you won't be able to get very many of them in there when you really need them. Any other pants, I use a speed loader (just looks like keys/etc). I use the HKS type and it only requires a slight turn of the knob to drop them in. The push button type kept getting engaged and dropping the rounds into my pocket for some reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom