Speer AGS-T .458 500gr Tungsten Core Solids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had these for a while, they're unobtanium...but I found the catalog snippet last night I thought was cool.

They're "navy bronze" shells with a tungsten core...I've heard stores of these going long ways through a cape buffalo with no deformation.

The rumor was they were discontinued due to cost, but I found that hard to believe because the guys who can afford a trip to Africa and a $100k double rifle could surely afford an "expensive" $10 projectile without concern. Then I found a different conversation that basically the ATF pressured Speer to discontinue them due to the tungsten core, which supposedly made them armor piercing. Ya know, because there's a big problem out there on the streets of Chicago with the thugs going to war with police using their $15 per shot bolt action/single shot/$100k double rifles.

Anywho...just thought I'd share. Someday I'm gonna work up a load and see what these bad boys do but for now they're just a novelty.

pix066958136.jpg
pix646973321.jpg
AGS-T.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom