1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

SPLC 'anti-hate' Alliance with Tech Firms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gerhard1, May 17, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

1. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/16/southern-poverty-law-center-tech-industry-alliance/

My response on facebook

As a long-time customer and a minor seller on amazon, I have almost always been pleased with the association. However, a recent affiliation of amazon has me greatly troubled. That is the recently-established relationship reported in the press of amazon and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). SPLC has done fine work in the past with their dealings with the neo-Nazis and genuine White supremacists, and the severe damage they have done to the KKK is something that I sincerely admire.

However, their current activities concern me greatly. Their labeling of Christian groups as hate groups because of their support of traditional marriage is one example. Here, I refer to the Family Research Council, among others, And it should be noted that I loathe the Phelps group in Kansas and I do consider them a hate group.

Please reconsider your association with SPLC. I ask you to find another group that is more judicious in applying the label of 'hate' to those with whom they have merely political differences.

I make no definitive claim as to numbers but I am certain that many others besides me, would greatly appreciate your reconsidering any relationship with SPLC.

2. cjjtulsa

cjjtulsa Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    By all means, use the anti-white hate group to ferret out hate.

snafu21 and CGS1 like this.
  3. snafu21

snafu21 Marksman

SPLC has been a terrible group for a long time.

4. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

And they are raking in the donations from a lot of the liberals and corporations. It's kind of like Al Sharpton's and Jesse Jackson's plans to get folks to donate to them so that they are "protected" from being called racist or hate group.

RETOKSQUID likes this.