SPLC 'anti-hate' Alliance with Tech Firms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/16/southern-poverty-law-center-tech-industry-alliance/

My response on facebook

As a long-time customer and a minor seller on amazon, I have almost always been pleased with the association. However, a recent affiliation of amazon has me greatly troubled. That is the recently-established relationship reported in the press of amazon and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). SPLC has done fine work in the past with their dealings with the neo-Nazis and genuine White supremacists, and the severe damage they have done to the KKK is something that I sincerely admire.

However, their current activities concern me greatly. Their labeling of Christian groups as hate groups because of their support of traditional marriage is one example. Here, I refer to the Family Research Council, among others, And it should be noted that I loathe the Phelps group in Kansas and I do consider them a hate group.

Please reconsider your association with SPLC. I ask you to find another group that is more judicious in applying the label of 'hate' to those with whom they have merely political differences.

I make no definitive claim as to numbers but I am certain that many others besides me, would greatly appreciate your reconsidering any relationship with SPLC.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Budhraja declined to name all the outside groups working with Facebook, but confirmed the SPLC’s participation. The SPLC accused Facebook in a May 2018 article of not doing enough to censor anti-Muslim hatred. That article did not disclose the SPLC’s working partnership with Facebook."

"Amazon granted the SPLC broad policing power over the Amazon Smile charitable program. “We remove organizations that the SPLC deems as ineligible,” an Amazon spokeswoman told The DCNF in 2018. Amazon grants the SPLC that power “because we don’t want to be biased whatsoever,” she said at the time."

Sounds like verification of the activities of the SPLC being like Jackson's and Sharpton's methods of getting "donations." If one doesn't do like SPLC likes, they make an organization think they will be critically accused by the SPLC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom