Sportsman’s hunting club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it worth it? They claim 50,000 acres of leases in Oklahoma, and while I’m waiting on a price quote, it doesn’t seem like a bad deal. Anyone a member or have experience, whether it be first or second hand?

while I enjoy our public land, I feel that the investment in a lease, at least for the next few years until I can scrape together cash for my own land, would be worth it. I don’t hunt deer at the moment though, and it seems like everyone wants deer prices for leases, to the tune of $3-7k a year from what I have seen on Facebook. I’ve even seen some 10-15k a year leases. I’m just looking to pursue pigs, squirrels, upland game, and have the opportunity to train the dog I plan on getting.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I've heard, they have some good properties but most of them are not near the city. Any that are well be overcrowded.
That’s a bit of a problem for me, considering that there’s plenty of fine land that I can hunt for free if I wanna drive two hours. Honestly having two or three leases within an hour of Edmond would make it worthwhile.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a bit of a problem for me, considering that there’s plenty of fine land that I can hunt for free if I wanna drive two hours. Honestly having two or three leases within an hour of Edmond would make it worthwhile.
We have a lease near Lindsay but lost 2 leases near Maud and Butner a couple of months ago due to cowboy leasing one he was running cattle on and a pending land sale on the other. Our lease rep is working on 2 leases close to the city but nothing final yet.

bubbaokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make sure they actually have permission to hunt on the land. Several years ago I was at show in OKC (hunting / fishing) and saw a booth offering memberships in a hunting club in Oklahoma. Out of curiosity I stopped to look at what they were offering. The ”gentleman’‘ pulled out county maps for several counties. The one I looked at had some prime areas highlighted they could hunt. the only problem was, he had my ranch highlighted and I had never seen him before.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make sure they actually have permission to hunt on the land. Several years ago I was at show in OKC (hunting / fishing) and saw a booth offering memberships in a hunting club in Oklahoma. Out of curiosity I stopped to look at what they were offering. The ”gentleman’‘ pulled out county maps for several counties. The one I looked at had some prime areas highlighted they could hunt. the only problem was, he had my ranch highlighted and I had never seen him before.
PLEEEAAAAASE tell me the rest of that conversation is on youtube!! :rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom