Spotting Scope Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a vintage Bausch and Lomb Balscope Sr from a garage sale for a price I couldn't pass up. However, it was made before the time of standard tripod mounts. It did not come with the tripod, but you can see lines on it where the mount obviously was secured with straps. Some quick googling shows the same.

Has anyone ever come across a universal type spotting scope mount that has straps like that? I found one from Swarovski for like $122, 4x what I paid for the scope itself. :bah:

I'm trying to avoid making one myself, but I will if I have to I guess. Thanks in advance!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
After buying and trying a couple for an old scope I picked up off here for what I thought was a good price, but didn't come with a mount, I finally gave up and bought a whole new spotting scope I found on sale. Works much better, more compact, has its own case and such.

Once in a while, I think I'm getting a deal, and it turns out, I just dig myself in the hole farther. <sigh>

Congrats on finding what you needed, I never could - at least, at a reasonable price.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After buying and trying a couple for an old scope I picked up off here for what I thought was a good price, but didn't come with a mount, I finally gave up and bought a whole new spotting scope I found on sale. Works much better, more compact, has its own case and such.

Once in a while, I think I'm getting a deal, and it turns out, I just dig myself in the hole farther. <sigh>

Congrats on finding what you needed, I never could - at least, at a reasonable price.

I took a gamble too. After I got it home and pulled up eBay I found out that I could at least make some money on it if I wanted to ditch it. But one look through it and I knew it was keeping it. Whoever owned it must have smoked, though. The objective lens had a pretty nasty film on the inside. I had to make a tool to get it apart and clean it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom