Spray on bedliners.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@SlugSlinger I think knows the gentleman that started Gatorhyde in Waggoner.

I have Gatorhyde in the pick up I have know. I had it installed in OKC at a location near or on Memorial Road. I will not have them install another, as they didn't do a great job on the prep. The prep makes ALL the difference. It is 4.5 years old and is still shiny black and doesn't chalk or fade like the base Line-X does. I use my pick up bed and have tore a couple spots up a little.

I had a couple or 3, Speedliner previously. One bed was damaged in an accident and the body shop thought they would be able to cut a line in the bedliner and then peel out the section so the repair could be made and then patch in the bed liner. They couldn't peel the bedliner out and ended up getting a take off bed.

It has been several years back but when I was shopping for a spray in bedliner, I was told by LineX that the UV protectant would cost a couple hundred more and that would prevent it from chalking or fading. I laughed about that, as that would be like a tire shop charging you for the air in the new tires.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use gatorhyde for everything. Bumpers, rock sliders, truck beds, boats and never had an issue with it. I like it because it’s not a rock hard coating, it’s more of a softer texture and stuff doesn’t slide around in the bed.

Here’s the latest I had the wagoner shop spray. Just make sure you use a reputable.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/boat-before-and-after-gatorhyde.313203/
I’ve posted lots of pics of different things I’ve had sprayed.

Reaction score
I have had Rhino and Linex. It’s been a long time since I had Rhino, in fact I got it the year they started, 1988. I had been out of the service a few years (after 12) and was working as a mechanic in San diego. A young lady came in talking about a company that just started and she had a bedliner sprayed on the back of her business cards but thinner than the actual application. Flexible but tough, dared me to tear one in half or punch a hole in one. I was sold. Forget the price, she took my truck and brought it back done over a say’s time.

In 2018 I “negotiated” one in the back of a new truck, it was linex.

I don’t know about Rhino now, but back then it was flexible but “bullet proof”. Faded some, not a big deal.

linex is harder, doesn’t feel like it’s flexible. Not as “grippy”. Not really slick, but not as grippy. Also “Bullet proof”. More of a slight shine to it.

Which one would I choose? It’s a tough choice, but if Rhino is the same I would probably choose it for a work truck and Linex for a daily driver. I think linex looks better but rhino a better gripper.

Boring story thrown in at the start for free.:)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pep Boys sells Hercu-liner, in colors, for DIY.

I was happy with it.

Also use it to coat the bottom of horse troughs, to protect from rust due to ground contact. First trough I coated was 10 years ago. It was almost rusted through, when i coated it. It is still in use.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Line-X was in my truck when I bought it, a used '06 model and I suspect it was sprayed when the truck was bought new. The molded plastic one I had in my prior truck pissed me off so bad I'll stick with a bare bed before l have another. I think the wind alone can slide stuff around on that plastic. :nolike:

The Line-X still going strong, it's tough as nails. Can't compare looks to new since I don't know how long it was there before but it looks faded some now. I'd not hesitate to go Line-X again.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pep Boys sells Hercu-liner, in colors, for DIY.

I was happy with it.

Also use it to coat the bottom of horse troughs, to protect from rust due to ground contact. First trough I coated was 10 years ago. It was almost rusted through, when i coated it. It is still in use.

I used this on a truck in the past. The key is the prep. Worked very well.

I'm contemplating using this on the floor of my 10x12 storage shed --- non-slip and excellent water protection!

Latest posts

Top Bottom