Spring Assisted Pocket Knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely!! Been my EDC for years. Like the sizes of the Kershaw Hinder and the Chive.

View attachment 191692

View attachment 191693

This is my latest ---- Kershaw Ken Onion 1600. Cabela's had 'em for almost half price a few weeks ago. Smoothest action spring assist I've ever used!

Good luck in your search!

I'm going to have to check that one out. I am currently carrying my Kershaw Natrix. I've carried this one for a couple of years now.

Kershaw Natrix1.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TSA has a SOG and Kershaw of mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TSA has the remnants of the buck knife my grandpa gave me. Forgot to put it in the luggage and the agent told me I had to give it up.
I opened it up, and snapped each blade off under my shoe giving them the pieces.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to TSA and pocket knives, my wife was flying back to OKC to assist our son after he had surgery. As I watched, I saw them (wife and TSA agent) keep digging through the wife's purse and then put it back through the machine. Did that 3 or 4 times. Finally, the wife just took out stuff and then turned the purse upside down and shook it.

Out popped her little 2 inch pocket knife that she generally carried. They all laughed and the TSA agent walked over to me and gave me the pocket knife.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to TSA and pocket knives, my wife was flying back to OKC to assist our son after he had surgery. As I watched, I saw them (wife and TSA agent) keep digging through the wife's purse and then put it back through the machine. Did that 3 or 4 times. Finally, the wife just took out stuff and then turned the purse upside down and shook it.

Out popped her little 2 inch pocket knife that she generally carried. They all laughed and the TSA agent walked over to me and gave me the pocket knife.
Similar thing happened to me in Austin with a steak knife and my backpack. It made it through MY pre-checks but they saw it in the x-ray. Sgt Carter-looking TSA agent with a Napoleon complex raised it over his head yelling how I could have killed somebody with that. The Austin police were off to the side rolling their eyes. He made me sign some document where I was going to be fined for the oversight. This was around 10 years ago when they were stupid with that kind of crap all over the news. I just sent a record of the event to my Senator and it got quashed.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TSA has the remnants of the buck knife my grandpa gave me. Forgot to put it in the luggage and the agent told me I had to give it up.
I opened it up, and snapped each blade off under my shoe giving them the pieces.
My old boss’s brother went through a similar experience with the TSA, except when they tried to steal his knife, he didn’t let them. He stood on his rights, and they eventually agreed to let him mail it to himself instead of stealing it. A TSA agent went with him, and he apparently had a grand old time wandering around the airport with the guy in tow, looking, ever so carefully, in all the shops and common areas for just the right envelope for the job. When he figured he’d wasted enough of the guy’s time to make up for them wasting his, he found the right envelope, dropped the knife in, affixed postage, and dropped it in the mail drop.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old boss’s brother went through a similar experience with the TSA, except when they tried to steal his knife, he didn’t let them. He stood on his rights, and they eventually agreed to let him mail it to himself instead of stealing it. A TSA agent went with him, and he apparently had a grand old time wandering around the airport with the guy in tow, looking, ever so carefully, in all the shops and common areas for just the right envelope for the job. When he figured he’d wasted enough of the guy’s time to make up for them wasting his, he found the right envelope, dropped the knife in, affixed postage, and dropped it in the mail drop.

Tried to do that in Houston one time. No postage around the terminal so put the same address on the “To” and “Return” address. Didn’t work...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you keep an eye on Woot!, they occasionally have CRKT knives for under $20. They’re not the best knives CRKT makes, but they’re definitely in the “if I lose it, it’s not expensive enough to go back for it” category.

Latest posts

Top Bottom