Spring is Right Around the Corner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With these warm days the elms are budding up. Probably make the fruit trees bloom early too just to get frost bit. I haven't committed to what all I'm planting this year. We finished pruning muscadine Vines and I planted 8 more for a total of 40 vines with a couple empty spaces for future vines.
There will be a bunch come up from seed but I've never grown those to see what they'll produce. 3 years is a long time just to find out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So ... What are you guys gonna do this spring?? And what are ya doing right now???
Right now, I'm sending some cash to a buddy that does nothing but sit at home and raise gardens to buy seeds and sets. He does all the tractor work, sets up the fences/tomato cages, and so on.
When passing through town, we will stock up veggies and fruits.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of our family has had asparagus for over 30 years but they finally just stopped producing or weren't tender now. Disc'd under an acre and bought 1500 crowns from Arkansas. We didn't need many so got 10 crowns to fill in some spots in our little 8'x8' patch.

Rototilled the rest of the garden(8'x32') on Monday night so this rain we got is good. I'll plant those asparagus crowns after work.

Seeds are ready to start my lettuces and will be getting onion sets very soon!

Latest posts

Top Bottom