Springfield 03A3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are not “original” per se. But for those late to the game and too impatient to wait for an “original” 03A3 to come along, a viable alternative perhaps.

Leggett71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are not “original” per se. But for those late to the game and too impatient to wait for an “original” 03A3 to come along, a viable alternative perhaps.
Wonder if these are being "manufactured / assembled" from drill rifle receivers.
I would be reluctant to buy one when we still see originals at most of the local shows for about the same price.

Leggett

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm priced out of the market for an 03A3 but have a question.
Can you look at one and see if it was a drill rifle?
I'd hesitate to buy one that had welding on the receiver to make a drill rifle and then been un-welded by God knows who.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm priced out of the market for an 03A3 but have a question.
Can you look at one and see if it was a drill rifle?
I'd hesitate to buy one that had welding on the receiver to make a drill rifle and then been un-welded by God knows who.

Drill rifle receivers have welds in the cut-off area and on the bottom side of the receiver ring. There is typically still evidence that the welds were removed after refinishing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom