Springfield Armory 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some strange reason, I want SA 1911s to be better than they are. That being said, I've only owned one...a mil-spec...and it was worth the cost for sure.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mil-spec had problems when I first picked it up. Had to rip the mags out, extractor wasn't tuned, and nothing but misfeeds even with quality mags. After fixing the bushings and extractor I still had to take it to Barry G to work the feed ramp. Now it runs like a champ even with factory mags.

If I had to choose between TRP and Valor, I'd go Valor.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having owned numerous SA 1911's, my experience is they generally are a good value. TRP being the exception. Too close in cost to a Les Baer or DW.

SA has excellent customer service. Both new and stock used pistols.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My only reservation about the SA TRP is that they had to write "TACTICAL" on the side of it.

Almost bought one last year but I found a Colt 1911 TALO Concealed Carry Government that I bought instead for a lot less money. Great gun. Accurate and reliable right out of the box. My only criticism of it is that I think Colt used water colors for the finish. It's OK but nothing like my older Colt.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a mil-spec 1911 myself.

It's an excellent weapon and for some reason i can shoot it much more accurately than i could ever shoot a Glock.

It's my carry piece, actually. It's a bit hefty but it packs that .45 punch. It had a lot of feeding issues at first, but plenty of lubricant and a little wear and tear seems to have leveled thing out. Plus the provided mags were kind of shite.

Attachments

• IMG_20160404_160216.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 230

Latest posts

Top Bottom