Springfield Armory 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not long ago, I turned 45. So as a rite of passage, I wanted to commemorate the day. On my 45th birthday I bought a 45. But I wanted as close to a war horse as I could get. 1911 it was. I have been a lifelong G17and G20 shooter, never 45 1911.
$525 out the door at Sooner Guns and I now owned a parkerizing Mil Spec SA1911A1 pistol. "Just for my collection " of course. 300 rounds later, I have come to really like it! Never a problem. Only thing I changed was the mainspring housing from the lawyer model to a real WWII lanyard one. The factory mags are Checkmate mags. I needed 1 more for my Nam Web gear so I ordered one off CTD for $12. When it came , it was exactly like the 2 I got with the pistol. Of course the CTD description said they were SA factory mags. Exact, right down to the dimples! Not a hiccup as of yet. Doubt there will be.
It's got me thinking of a P14 stainless bad boy! Hmmmmmm.

ThomasG3

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I got a Long Beach Operator a while back and it has been incredible. The slide was slightly gritty at first, but it just gets smoother with every cycle. I used the factory mags a bit, but I too would suggest quality mags. I use Wilson Combat and Chip McCormick mags.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with SA's 1911 guns. If were in the market for another 1911 at this time, I'd at least look at the EMP line and maybe the Range Officer Compact or Champion. I think the Mil-Spec is a cool gun too, and makes a nice platform from which to grow.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought a SA-Loaded Stainless when they first came out in the mid to late 90's, I'm not really sure cause it was a long time ago when I got her. The only thing changed was the full length guide rod to a standard one, and other than the normal breaking in pains she's never given me any problems. She probably has over 3k rounds through her now, maybe more, but she's well broke in an has that slight rattle when you shake her. She still keeps all her rounds inside 6 inch's at 25yds, so I'm happy. I am thinking about the EMP4 for a carry gun, they are pretty slick!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom