Springfield Armory Hellcat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
:cool:
upload_2019-9-25_17-7-21.jpeg
Thought this thread was something else!!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed explaination, GTG. What about wanting to have a flashlight in the support hand while picking up the pistol with the strong hand? I assume also you’re talking about pistols with ambi mag releases. Some only have it on the one side, or a revolver is used, so I would imagine it’s not an issue in that case?

Right, the grip acquisition is still in play, but the mag catch issue is only if the mag catch is facing down and extends past the side of the grip. I highly recommend taking your UNLOADED HD gun (empty mag inserted) and practice picking it up at speed. See what issues come up in getting it out and up with a good grip, along with whatever else you may need such as a handheld light.

Now that I’ve been to their webpage, the OSP version has my attention. Looks like they’re burying the optic deep enough into the slide that you can use the issued sights through the optic window (without resorting to extra tall sights). The optic they’re showing even has a cutout at the back to give more clearance to see the front sight through the notch. Things like that show attention to detail, which is promising!

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone been able to figure out is this a Croatian hs or is this made somewhere else? One article I read insinuated SA may be moving away from XD.

Edit: found a photo that said hs product on the side. I will pass.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TWSS, in this case you might be a bit wrong on your take of the guys in the commercial. Rob Leatham, he might know something about shooting a handgun. Steve Horseman was a cop for 20 years and a SWAT guy for 15 in Tucson Arizona and also a top notch competitive shooter. The guy with the blonde hair was SWAT guy with Steve, but I only met him once and don't know his name. The woman works at Springfield and is known to shoot quite a bit. They aren't showcasing any latest greatest tactics, they are just handling the pistol like they do.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well wouldn’t you know it? And I just got a P365. That’s fine, just fine. Like all new releases, I believe I’ll hold off some. Plus, I just can’t get too excited about something out of Croatia anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely HATE that rear sight. But they can be changed easy enough.

Glock and S&W are going to have to up their game. Really excited to see what the Shield 3.0 will be!

Latest posts

Top Bottom