Springfield Armory Hellcat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:scratch: Has anyone purchased or fired a Hellcat yet to give a review? Just curious :scratch:

Shot one. Didn't buy one. Ain't gonna' buy one. @xseler and I were at Big Boys and rented one. We both shot it, as well as his P365. Nothing wrong with it, but not impressed ... not enough to drop the coin. I've tried the G43 and the P365 and the Hellcat and, as far as I'm concerned, I'll just stick with my Walther PPS M2!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shot one. Didn't buy one. Ain't gonna' buy one. @xseler and I were at Big Boys and rented one. We both shot it, as well as his P365. Nothing wrong with it, but not impressed ... not enough to drop the coin. I've tried the G43 and the P365 and the Hellcat and, as far as I'm concerned, I'll just stick with my Walther PPS M2!

I don't mean to derail this thread but I recently heard that the PPS M2 has an issue with severe barrel peening. Have you noticed this with yours?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's kinda like this ----- there's this set of identical twins, you see. You fall in love with one, but not the other. Hard to explain, maybe impossible to explain, just the way it is. Sig for me. For some, both twins just leave 'em cold.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't mean to derail this thread but I recently heard that the PPS M2 has an issue with severe barrel peening. Have you noticed this with yours?

No, I haven't, but I probably don't have more than 200 - 250 rounds through mine. Maybe I need to look more closely. Thanks for bringing it up! Maybe @druryj has some feedback!

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddy loaned me his Hellcat for a range trip so I could compare with my G43 & P365.

Feels great. Shoots great. It’s definitely a solid pistol. My friend loves it. Swears by it.

It is, however, the only pistol with a trigger safety that I’ve ever managed to engage. Took a little bit of getting used to and by the end of shooting it, I had my pull figured out.

I’m still a bigger fan of the Sig.
And the Glock serves a specific purpose being lighter and slightly thinner than all the others.

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Oobedoob Benubi

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy loaned me his Hellcat for a range trip so I could compare with my G43 & P365.

Feels great. Shoots great. It’s definitely a solid pistol. My friend loves it. Swears by it.

It is, however, the only pistol with a trigger safety that I’ve ever managed to engage. Took a little bit of getting used to and by the end of shooting it, I had my pull figured out.

And the Glock serves a specific purpose being lighter and slightly thinner than all the others.

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Oobedoob Benubi

That's a good buddy! I have 3-4 of those in all my 40 years lol

I've been thinking hard about the hellcat. I was kind of waiting for Springfield to make a deal on extra mags or holsters like they normally do.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

- Oobedoob Benubi
FYI As you can see the Sig is lighter (unloaded) and thinner. The trade off on weight for more bullets is one I'll take.The Sig is quite a bit shorter but a little taller. Concealability goes to the little Sig IMHO.
Screenshot_20200124-071917_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200124-071902_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I checked mine right after you posted this, then didn't follow up! Mine shows such light contact, you couldn't call it peening. I will continue to watch it, though. Thanks for bringing it up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom