Springfield Armory SA-35 availability?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once again thanks for the heads up. As soon as I saw this post I gave 2a a call. They had received 6 and had 1 left. Told Tyler to put a hold on it and I was on my way. Sure enough I finally got my hands on a real live SA-35. And at MSRP. Thanks to all who helped and posted suggestions.
Glad I could help! Enjoy!!!

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you’ll start to see the SA-35s go down a little in both price and demand since FN just dropped this little gem..

1651326509352.jpeg

$1260 is the MSRP which is what we’ve been seeing some of the SA-35s selling for. Shame on all you scalpers marking up the SA-35 2x it’s retail. But even more shame to the idiots paying those ridiculous scalper prices.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you’ll start to see the SA-35s go down a little in both price and demand since FN just dropped this little gem..

View attachment 269470

$1260 is the MSRP which is what we’ve been seeing some of the SA-35s selling for. Shame on all you scalpers marking up the SA-35 2x it’s retail. But even more shame to the idiots paying those ridiculous scalper prices.

FN totally screwed that one up IMO.

Spitfire

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 269470

Yeah and don't forget the Tisas Regent BR9 and the Girsan MC P35. Both seem to be pretty popular at a much lower price point. It took awhile but I was not going to pay over MSRP for mine. I compared my SA-35 to my brothers 1980s era Browning Hi Power. I like the fit and feel of mine better. Feels slimmer in my hand. Plus all the tweaks Springfield Amory did to make it a better pistol IMHO

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah and don't forget the Tisas Regent BR9 and the Girsan MC P35. Both seem to be pretty popular at a much lower price point. It took awhile but I was not going to pay over MSRP for mine. I compared my SA-35 to my brothers 1980s era Browning Hi Power. I like the fit and feel of mine better. Feels slimmer in my hand. Plus all the tweaks Springfield Amory did to make it a better pistol IMHO
Can’t beat those Turkish made knockoffs either. But yeah I heard they flared out the ejection port on the SA-35, upped the mag capacity over the original hi-power, and placed some of the controls in more ergonomic positions. I wish they would’ve offered a blued finish but parkerizing it kept the cost down I’m sure

Spitfire

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can’t beat those Turkish made knockoffs either. But yeah I heard they flared out the ejection port on the SA-35, upped the mag capacity over the original hi-power, and placed some of the controls in more ergonomic positions. I wish they would’ve offered a blued finish but parkerizing it kept the cost down I’m sure
Actually it's a matte blue finish. A little nicer than parkerized but still doesn't have that deep blue luster of a good blue finish.
And you're right about price. I'm sure that matte blue was much less expensive compared to real high gloss blue.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a little harsh to say but I definitely wouldn’t pay the $1260 retail price..i don’t even think I’d pay more than $1000 for it

I don't say it lightly, I probably have more FN products than most.... they changed the geometry of the gun and are using proprietary mags for starters.

Last edited:

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't say it lightly, I probably have more FN products than most.... they changed the geometry of the gun and are using proprietary mags for starters.
It definitely looks a bit different from the original design. It seems like FN might’ve thought they could reinvent the wheel here and they got a little too cute with it

Latest posts

Top Bottom