Springfield EMP, Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owned a 9 and the .40. Both were excellent and the 9 was on carry duty for quite some time, with at least 1K+ rounds through it. Never any issues. Great platform.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owned a 9 and the .40. Both were excellent and the 9 was on carry duty for quite some time, with at least 1K+ rounds through it. Never any issues. Great platform.

Why did you part ways? If you don’t mind my asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My boss had one he bought to have on him while hunting on his land, but he said it was too pretty to beat up, so he sold it and bought a G26. Said he doesn’t feel bad scratching up a plastic pistol.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one when they first came out, loved the way it looks. Carried it for quite a while, eventually went to a higher capacity 9mm. Never had any issues with it.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must remove the factory firing pin and spring if you intend to use it as a self defense gun. Otherwise you run the risk of what folks call light pin strikes. These are actually pieces of primer filling the firing pin tunnel. Due to the pin not dwelling long enough after firing. This is a result of trying to pass the Kaliforniastan drop test

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must remove the factory firing pin and spring if you intend to use it as a self defense gun. Otherwise you run the risk of what folks call light pin strikes. These are actually pieces of primer filling the firing pin tunnel. Due to the pin not dwelling long enough after firing. This is a result of trying to pass the Kaliforniastan drop test
I had a .40 and a 9. Both are great guns but a compact 1911 is more versatile (my opinion only) and can be had for quite a bit less money.

I had a 9 and a .40 back in 2011. I experienced what Defcon Shooter is describing. I never trusted the pistols after that. The 9 went back to Springfield and they said they fixed the problem. The first primer would plug the firing pin hole on the face of the slide and not allow the next round to fire. See the photo below. Also, they were just too pretty and too much money to mess up. In my opinion a compact 1911 is more versatile.

Attachments

• IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 117

Latest posts

Top Bottom