Springfield "Loaded" 45 acp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I procrastinated too long and the used Les Baer that I was contemplating sold but to be honest after doing the research I think he was about $200.00 too high plus the fella wanted a FTF in the NE corner of the state which would have added fuel costs to the equation.

Anyway, I'm now kicking around a 45 ACP stainless Springfield Armory Loaded model PX9151L.....Ill try to find one locally but as a price indicator I see that Buds is asking $802.00 NIB for them with free shipping, naturally that would be plus tax and FFL fees here.

For those that own or have owned a Springfield Loaded what are your impressions ?

I stand to be corrected but from what I've read Springfield M1911's at one time were made in Brazil but they are all now stamped "Made in the U.S.A.", as whole how are all Springfield M1911's rated as far as quality and warranty?

Springfield model PX9151L pic.

Springfield loaded..jpg

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I could be wrong as I haven't kept up with the 1911 industry, but I think Springfields slides and frames are still made in Brazil. There are ways around the "Made in USA" stamp.

Still good guns.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, still forged in brazil, some are assembled in the U.S. I only have one springer, it's a heavily worked Mil-Spec built in 1988. from memory the prefix before the serial number tells you if the gun was assembled in the U.S. NM is assembled in the U.S. N is strictly a brazil gun, forged and assembled. the brazil marks, 3 of them, will be on the gun. the only location i remember is on the bottom of the dust cover, on the inside of course

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had several Springfields including a “loaded” or two, and they are solid guns for the money. Don’t expect it to be a Baer though.

yes, they are as a general rule good gats. i'd like to have a Pro model but i'm getting a big discount from Wilson and a full size X-Tac is calling out to me,,,buy me, buy me LOL

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to SA customer service all SA 1911s are made with US forgings and all machining is done by SA. They made the change in early 2014. I picked up a Lightweight Range Officer Compact in a trade and have been impressed with the pistol overall. Great shooter and would be easy to carry.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen one or two and you have some really, really nice 1911's Lasher, I don't suppose that I could sweet talk you into adopting me could I ?......if it matters I don't eat much and I'm almost completely housebroken. :)

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the laws and regulations surrounding "made in the USA" are flexible. a slide and frame can be forged or cast in South Korea, Brazil...anywhere on the planet. Then imported and final mill work done in the U.S. and thus qualify as "Made In America" . Does Springfield Armory own and operate a foundry here in the states? And i doubt we'll ever find out. the early frames/slides were all forged or cast by Imbel in Brazil, some were completed by Imbel and imported, some were imported as parts and completed in Illinois from small parts purchased from U.S. vendors. there are rumors and grumbles about perhaps Ruger or Smith & Wesson supplying the frame/slide for final assembly in Illinois. If any on the conjecture is correct that only means Spingfield is being "creative" in their marketing strategy, but they're still good guns for the most part

Latest posts

Top Bottom