Springfield xd 45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$ure$h0t

This entire site is snowflakes
Reaction score
My dad left me this too. It was his everyday carry and is mine also for open carry.

Its mainly stock minus the springs he upgraded and the optic.

What are some slide and barrel upgrades I can do? It's in very very good shape for the amount of time he's had it. It was purchased like the same week they first dropped the xd 45 model

I already have a new solid stainless guide rod, aluminum striker retainer plate, new extended slide racker, extended magazine release, extended heavy duty ejector, and aluminum cocked indicator, all on order lol

Its the xd 45, 5" tactical with the high capacity 13 round magazines

Whats the current value on these? I'll never sell or trade it but I am curious 🤷🏼‍♂️

If it didn't have the sentimental value, I'd trade it on another newer model.. Butttt. I can't. So I figured I'd do a little work on this to make it even better

Any suggestions period are greatly appreciated, I didn't know much about the sidearm part of all this until he passed and I was left everything 😔 luckily I was left tonssss of books and manuals and I have Google at my fingertips 😃

Thank you everyone! Bear with me here I'm a 16 year machinist not an armorer 🤓🥴

🎯 🇺🇸🦅

Attachments

• 20211114_044649.jpg
    20211114_044649.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211114_044658.jpg
    20211114_044658.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The XD series of pistols are awesome. Especially the .45ACP model. They probably come in 3rd place behind Smith and Wesson's M&P line and Glock, who is still king of the poly pistols.

The XD-45, IMHO, outshines the 45 caliber Glocks because of its grip. How Springfield Armory shrunk that handle down and still offered a small enough grip (that's not uncomfortable like the Glock 45s) along with a 13 round magazine, is beyond me.

My son in law just picked one up at the Ada gun show last weekend and I've owned a few over the years. I like em alot and I'm kinda in the market for one again :rolleyes2 if'n I can resist buying yet another one of Gaston's perfect plastic pistols...we'll see.

As for an "appraisal" of yours, it's probably worth $500+ give or take.

Just my observation. As always YMMV.

$ure$h0t

This entire site is snowflakes
Reaction score
Thank you! I have a s&w mp40 also lol and I'm getting a modified g17 soon.

I appreciate the response

Idc about value it's a, million dollar gun to me

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 4.5 inch 45 and the subcompact 40 for my Sunday-go-to-meeting-suit. They are my only everyday guns. I chose them because of caliber, features, capacity, and the gun's ergonomic grip angle is like the 1911. For me, it's the perfect gun. I've tried Ruger, S&W M&P and Shield, G locks, and SIG. Only the Springfield XD's fill my requirements and my hand.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 4.5 inch 45 and the subcompact 40 for my Sunday-go-to-meeting-suit. They are my only everyday guns. I chose them because of caliber, features, capacity, and the gun's ergonomic grip angle is like the 1911. For me, it's the perfect gun. I've tried Ruger, S&W M&P and Shield, G locks, and SIG. Only the Springfield XD's fill my requirements and my hand.
Try the new M&P M2.0. WAY different and improved!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 45 XDM that I absolutely love, it was my first pistol the second time around. Got out of pistols 25 years ago till my son wanted one about 10 yrs ago. He bought the XD45, my wife and him bought me a XDM45 the next Xmas. They didn't realize what they started, I now own Glocks, S&W, Rugers and Kimbers. My XDM is my favorite to shoot because it feels like a extension of my hand, it just fits and when I point it's on target. I'm not saying it's the absolute best cause I carry a Glock. But I can't knock the XD series there fine pistols.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try the new M&P M2.0. WAY different and improved!
Every M&P I have tried always bit the trigger finger web. I did not like that. SIG's were too upright. I had a BDA and couldn't hit the barn let alone the side. Ruger's controls were funky as hell as if all the good spots to put them were protected by someone else's patent and they had to find another spot. That was just my first impression. It's 1911's, XD's, XDM's, or XD Subs, for me.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every M&P I have tried always bit the trigger finger web. I did not like that. SIG's were too upright. I had a BDA and couldn't hit the barn let alone the side. Ruger's controls were funky as hell as if all the good spots to put them were protected by someone else's patent and they had to find another spot. That was just my first impression. It's 1911's, XD's, XDM's, or XD Subs, for me.
Nothing wrong with that. Like I said earlier, XDs are awesome weapons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom