Spypoint camera troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My spypoint is junk. It will show 40% signal but won’t transmit like it should until I get my phone near it. Then it will send me a bunch of pics over the next couple days but the number will dwindle down to no pics at all. I’m not even going to bother calling them.
A guy at work is having good success with the Tacticam Reveal

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird, i have 5 spypoints and they seem to work fine. i get frustrated when i have to update tho.. i have had one or two before i realized it was an update issue, i just returned to the store i bought it at when it was a few months old.
i had one catch fire for some unkown reason, possibly battery, possibly lightening, and they wouldn't warranty it.
We are running 8 of them at our lease///
for $100, and now for the $59 (cell link) its pretty cheap, even if i only get a year or two, and for that matter cheaper than i was spending with the non-cell cams, with batteries, trips to the lease, and cameras that only lasted a year or two anyway.

NOW, if you are in an area with real crappy service, they suck, but i would think that would be the same with all cell cams

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knock on wood . . . I own 5 of them. Once I figured out what speed of SD and micro SD cards work best in them they've continued to send pics to the SpyPoint cloud and my phone fine.

As far as managing the phone plan you're on so you don't pay for months you don't need is to set it to not auto-renew each month. That way you can choose to go up a plan or not.

The only real issue I've had lately is updating the firmware on my Micros . . . I never got that to complete, but thankfully it hasn't impacted their transmitting pics.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knock on wood . . . I own 5 of them. Once I figured out what speed of SD and micro SD cards work best in them they've continued to send pics to the SpyPoint cloud and my phone fine.

As far as managing the phone plan you're on so you don't pay for months you don't need is to set it to not auto-renew each month. That way you can choose to go up a plan or not.

The only real issue I've had lately is updating the firmware on my Micros . . . I never got that to complete, but thankfully it hasn't impacted their transmitting pics.
To clarify, my friend paid for a year of data and camera crapped out. Spypoint replaced cam. Camera crapped out again and friend decided he had enough. Wanted refunded for unused (future months of prepaid data) and Spypoint told him no.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think mine is on crack! I saw deer deeding in front of the camera last night and no pics. Woke up this morning and there’s pics on my phone from a little before 9 until 11:59 then nothing.

I saw them feeding at 6 when I looked out.

Called Spypoint and the dude tells me it’s due to low signal strength, I called B.S. on that and stopped him. He said he was gonna ping my camera and send a command of some sort to it and in 2-3 hours it’ll start sending pics again

I sure ain’t holding my breath on that statement.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To clarify, my friend paid for a year of data and camera crapped out. Spypoint replaced cam. Camera crapped out again and friend decided he had enough. Wanted refunded for unused (future months of prepaid data) and Spypoint told him no.

Yea, may be a little cheaper that route, but im like bobbyv, i pay each month if i WANT to. in off season, ill slow them way down and use my free 100, pre-season i may only pay for 1k pix and so on. Plus i dont want to pay for a camera that might crap out.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I figured . . . I just don't see the point to paying for something like that up front. Especially when I only care about unlimited transfers during a specific part of the year.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think mine is on crack! I saw deer deeding in front of the camera last night and no pics. Woke up this morning and there’s pics on my phone from a little before 9 until 11:59 then nothing.

I saw them feeding at 6 when I looked out.

Called Spypoint and the dude tells me it’s due to low signal strength, I called B.S. on that and stopped him. He said he was gonna ping my camera and send a command of some sort to it and in 2-3 hours it’ll start sending pics again

I sure ain’t holding my breath on that statement.

Are you able to pull the card to see if they were taken but not transmitted?

Latest posts

Top Bottom