Spypoint camera troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just put my two back up this past weekend. No feed out yet, but the cameras seem to be working from the few pics I have received. That said, I have had SPYPOINT cameras for three years. Last year they did replace them for me because they would not transmit at all. It was a slow process getting them replaced, but they did do it for free. I just had to send the originals back to them.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe I am, I’ve only did it once but I was putting in another card to do the firm wear upgrade. I will pull the current card tonight and see if it’s got pics on it.

There should also be some support logs on the card that Spypoint might request if you do in fact have an issue with the camera.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called them today, again, and now they’re telling me I don’t have my camera positioned correctly.

Said I need to make sure it’s 3’-4’ off the ground, in a vertical position, about 30’ from the trigger position, and not facing directly into the light.

Then they said my phone needs to be updated. Finally after over an hour they come to the conclusion they’ll replace mine with a new one, but they do say it’ll be a “lengthy process”.

Holy freaking crap, this is going to be a train wreck, which it’s pretty bad already.

Anyone wanna buy a new camera?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called them today, again, and now they’re telling me I don’t have my camera positioned correctly.

Said I need to make sure it’s 3’-4’ off the ground, in a vertical position, about 30’ from the trigger position, and not facing directly into the light.

Then they said my phone needs to be updated. Finally after over an hour they come to the conclusion they’ll replace mine with a new one, but they do say it’ll be a “lengthy process”.

Holy freaking crap, this is going to be a train wreck, which it’s pretty bad already.

Anyone wanna buy a new camera?
I hope you can get it swapped out fast. Sorry that to hear your Spypoint experience wasn't better.
I wouldn't buy batteries for it, if you gave it to me. (I buy Energizer Ultimate Lithium, not some $4/12 Zappers from the generic store)

Last edited:

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spy Point sucks!!! They did me the same no refund after only working for five months then the camera crapping out on me. But be advised, I set up the auto draft to my CC when I signed up for the first year. I cancelled everything and asked for a refund when the camera took a dump but they still hit my CC again last month for another years subscription and I flipped my lid. Customer service is a damn joke. If I ever see a rep in person from spy point I’ll be charged with A&B over this deal. CC company got my cash back after I disputed it. Don’t get me started on Spy Point or direct TV I may stroke out!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spy Point sucks!!! They did me the same no refund after only working for five months then the camera crapping out on me. But be advised, I set up the auto draft to my CC when I signed up for the first year. I cancelled everything and asked for a refund when the camera took a dump but they still hit my CC again last month for another years subscription and I flipped my lid. Customer service is a damn joke. If I ever see a rep in person from spy point I’ll be charged with A&B over this deal. CC company got my cash back after I disputed it. Don’t get me started on Spy Point or direct TV I may stroke out!
Ugh hopefully these reviews can help to make others aware.

Oklahomahunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a friend that didn’t listen to me and bought 3 of them last year. Now 2 of the 3 don’t work at all. He’s hung for the camera mo yet and that plans at this point. This is the kind of stuff that causes class action lawsuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom