Spypoint camera troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how mine fare overall. One thing is for sure this company won’t be in business long if they continue to build absolute trash as described here. Hunters will experience this once , get the word out , and they will be done.
You would think so...but it seems everyone (I know) who purchased Spypoint this year were aware of the issues beforehand.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ha,can you believe they had the balls to send me a magazine AFTER my contract ran out? Didn’t hear crap from them for a year and then I get this in the mail. It’s got great pics on heavy quality paper. If they’d spent as much attention to getting a product that works, maybe I’d keep using them!
08207118-CA14-4F32-96F0-E7D707CD0D68.jpeg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha,can you believe they had the balls to send me a magazine AFTER my contract ran out? Didn’t hear crap from them for a year and then I get this in the mail. It’s got great pics on heavy quality paper. If they’d spent as much attention to getting a product that works, maybe I’d keep using them!
View attachment 188811

I got one in the mail too . . .

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how mine fare overall. One thing is for sure this company won’t be in business long if they continue to build absolute trash as described here. Hunters will experience this once , get the word out , and they will be done.
Personally, I think your completely wrong. The average hunter today is a cheap a$$ that’s only looking for a “deal”, and instead of buying good and reputable equipment, will continue to buy cheap sh*t that doesn’t work then come on boards like this one to b*tch about it, look for sympathy, and ask for advice he won’t take.
I would say that I could be wrong, but after being on boards like this for years, history proves me right.:blush:

Last edited:

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after a season of using these cellular spypoints they haven't been terrible for me, but I wouldn't say they are great either. Currently both of them I have put out last fall are still working and sending pictures. Some things I have discovered with these cameras over trial and error:

1. ) You absolutely must get the correct SD card AND format them each and every time you put them in your camera.
2.) Do not waste your time with alkaline batteries you have to have lithium or rechargeable battery pack or they won't last long
3.)FURTHERMORE you can only upload pictures to your app once a day or you will burn thru the batteries in less than a week, even the rechargeables can't keep up if you have it upload everytime it takes a pictures the camera will die.
4.) The little cell antenna sucks. You need to purchase an extended antenna, even in spots where your phone gets good reception that camera can have spotty reception. Good news is the extended antenna solved my cell reception issues.

Once I figured these problems out my rating of this camera went from an F to a C. LOL. They aren't great, BUT I have yet to experience the cameras simply not working or not connecting to the network. Mind you this is the first year with them. I'll let you know if year 2 is a complete failure! LOL

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
#3 is solved by getting a solar charger and a 12v battery pack . . . I have 3 of mine using them and 2 of the 3 are still at 100% charge.

I have all 3 set to send pics every couple of hours. They've been out like this since late September or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom