Squirrel Hunt & Taxidermy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4200395D-E196-4F26-BA2C-3BDFFC1CC933.jpeg

Hey OSA,

Up in NY, I’ve finally gotten into hunting. My first trip out was last Wednesday for squirrel. The cadet-in-charge of the West Point hunt club mentored me through finding, taking, skinning, and dressing a squirrel. It’s the first time I’ve ever shot at something that isn’t a paper or metal target. Very fun!

Do you know anyone who could preserve the skin to commemorate my first hunt? I’m in NE OK for the week and would love to get the process started while I’m in town. I don’t know whether I’d want it done up lifelike or just a flat pelt. The face and tail are in tact but the feet are missing.

Thanks for looking!

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 109681

Hey OSA,

Up in NY, I’ve finally gotten into hunting. My first trip out was last Wednesday for squirrel. The cadet-in-charge of the West Point hunt club mentored me through finding, taking, skinning, and dressing a squirrel. It’s the first time I’ve ever shot at something that isn’t a paper or metal target. Very fun!

Do you know anyone who could preserve the skin to commemorate my first hunt? I’m in NE OK for the week and would love to get the process started while I’m in town. I don’t know whether I’d want it done up lifelike or just a flat pelt. The face and tail are in tact but the feet are missing.

Thanks for looking!

This guy appears to have plenty of practice .

(In seriousness, no clue.)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mmm, treerat. Pressure cooker him, get all the meat and make some homemade white gravy. Pan seer the meat and add it to the gravy. Couple pieces of Texas toast in the toaster and smother with gravy. Doesn't get any better!

Latest posts

Top Bottom