SRP .308 brass by Peterson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received a reply from Peterson Cartridge this morning.
Answers to my questions I had for them.

Thank you for reaching out with your inquiry. It seems like you have done a fair amount of research yourself. To answer the few questions that you had concerning our product and our testing:

1. Is Peterson brass the same as Winchester brass? - The outside dimension is the only thing that is the same. Our internal volumes are less than anyone else’s cases on the market due to our thicker side walls.
  2. Is the Volume closer to Winchester or Lapua? - See the above answer.
  3. Last questions did you full length size the cases or neck size? - We used a full-length sizing die and bumped the shoulders back by 0.002”.
  4. Was the chamber tight enough to only be sizing the case a minimum amount? See the above. We sized the case enough to just fit back into the chamber.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,

Ben Preston

Retail Manager

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped buying Lapua brass for my 260 and went with Peterson a few years back. It's less expensive ($41.49 for 50) and as good if not better than Lapua in my opinion. I believe Prime Ammo uses Peterson brass as well.

I prime, chamfer, load, and shoot it with great results.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought these were unique.
Makes sense to use small primer pocket for brass longevity,
as long as reliable ignition, consistent burn ratio can be accomplished with SPP.

R-P small primer 308 brass i have had for a while.

35D18CB1-3A0C-4616-8E09-D884E0C3C08E.jpeg
35D18CB1-3A0C-4616-8E09-D884E0C3C08E.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom