SS card needed for fishing license

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got notification from the Missouri department of wildlife that in order to purchase a fishing license, starting today I have to physically produce a social security card.
It’s for child support enforcement from what I read, and it’s a federal statute.
Anyone heard about this for Oklahoma?
You can read about it here:
https://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/portal...ses & permits/ssn requirement explanation.pdf

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This means Obama's DACA Dreamers can't fish in MO. That's racist....

I thought I read of a state doing that a few years back with Hunting licenses, but can't find the source.

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I read the information in that link correctly, they only want the number, not the actual card.

When the numbers are cross referenced with other databases, they can be used to track people and their activities, hence the deadbeat dad law.

Last edited:

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Social Security numbers as a means of identification is stupid. I can make a social security card on my printer.

what we really need is some form of national ID or just use state ID.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I read the information in that link correctly, they only want the number, not the actual card.

When there are numbers cross referenced with other databases, they can be used to track people and their activities, hence the deadbeat dad law.

To add to the OP, the resort we stay at on Lake Tanneycomo has us on their monthly news letter.
They said they need to see the physical card.
Then its probably stored in a non hackable data base by an underpaid government worker for future licenses.
In Ok when you apply for a controlled hunt on a national wildlife refuge or the ammunition depot you have to submit your ssn. Background check purposes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom