SS card needed for fishing license

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drove down there and looked it over. We may have to stay there next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the cabin next to the fly shop. That’s the one we like best. Second choice is next door on the same porch. You can sit out there in the rain and watch the boats go by. Great fishing right off the dock as well if you don’t want to take your boat or rent one there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, since you get their newsletter, what did you think of that trout, that 103 year old lady caught? I'm glad she is still able to fish.

I can’t get the pic of the lady to post from my phone, but the story is below.
Also the latest on the SS card. You can testify it’s your number on the application without actually providing a SS card. Last story in the newsletter.

Lilleys Landing Resort & Marina June 2018 Newsletter

Margaret Smith, our 103-year-old sweetheart from Harrisonville, MO, caught this 19-inch rainbow off the dock about 10 p.m. Sunday night. "I was getting impatient and ready to quit," she said, "when I started getting some bites. I caught a couple of little ones and then broke one off." Her family asked if she was ready to head back to the room, and she answered "No way!" Phil put a nightcrawler on her hook and she hooked this beauty. Yes, Margaret holds our record for oldest active angler -- fishing Lake Taneycomo since before we bought the resort-- and she's usually the best-dressed, as well!

Sue Oldham hooked this big brown to claim first place in the tournament May 19 here that benfited the Missouri Chapter of the American Fisheries Society. She and her husband, Larry, had been throwing white jigs up by Fall Creek when Sue hooked it. She landed it 30 minutes later -- after it circled the boat 15 times! Someone on the dock asked if Sue was prepared with the right tackle for such a big fish. She replied that she was using four-pound line -- as always -- so the answer was "of course." The trophy (with adipose fin clipped) measured 28.25 inches in length, 18.5 inches girth, and weighed 12.75 pounds. The Oldhams let the brown swim off after the weigh-in (and measurements for a replica to be made), so it will be lurking in Lake Taneycomo, ready for someone else to catch.

Phil's Fishing Report for Lake Taneycomo

Generation has been fairly consistent, even on weekends lately. Operators at the dam have been leaving the water off until about noon to 1 p.m. and then kicking it on and running anywhere from two to four units at 6,800 to 12,000 cubic feet per second. It's been pretty hot in the afternoons here, so I'm sure they're running a lot of water for a high power demand. It's back off by 8 p.m. each evening and off all night.

We've noticed that they've been drawing the lake down overnight, so in the mornings the lake is unusually low. This is not supposed to happen, but it does occasionally. You will not see any variation in the official lake level at the base of the dam, but you will see it below Lookout and down lake. Duane Doty told me today that the lake level at the narrows is so low that the channel is less than 10 feet wide and very shallow, barely enough water to boat up past it. So be careful when boating under these conditions.

Water temperature is holding at about 48 degrees and clear. When they run water, of course, it gets murky and blows out algae that's grown on the bottom of the upper lake. It all clears out in about hour after it starts.

Two things we want to report about our rainbows -- there are a lot of them in the lake and they are bigger than normal. They are both longer and thicker than newly stocked trout of the past. Of course, this is great news for all anglers fishing the lake right now. But, of course, it's still "fishing" and not "catching." Some days are better than others as far as catching numbers and size, but overall it's been very good.

Our rainbows are still wanting to chase something, especially early in the mornings. Spoons and spinners are working good, either throwing and reeling them in or trolling behind the boat. Duane's been trolling his crank baits and doing well, landing seven trout longer than 20 inches and losing eight at the boat just in the last week. He's also been throwing stick baits on quite a few guide trips -- after writing and posting his article, Committing to a Big Brown, about catching so many big brown trout using these methods.

The Berkely Pink PowerWorm is still a must for anyone struggling to catch fish. I can't stress enough how well this works. Fish it four- to five-feet deep early in the morning, and then move it deeper as the sun gets higher in the sky, seven-to eight-feet deep. Use two-pound line as tippet for more bites, but four-pound is okay. Read more . . .

New Summer Hours for Lilleys' Office and Dock

To help our guests have more laketime fun this summer, we have extended our hours to 6 a.m.- 7:30 p.m. daily through Labor Day. That means our boat rental options have expanded to include four-hour, eight-hour and full day rentals. We still offer two-hour rentals on a walk-in basis as the schedule allows, so feel free to come by and cool off on the lake whether you are staying with us or not. Check here for rooms now open in June due to cancellations.

Social Security Numbers Now Required for Licenses
A new state law came into effect May 30, requiring all anglers to give their social security numbers to apply for fishing licenses. Some are already tied to their drivers' licenses, but even children are required to give theirs. If you do not have a social security number, you have to testify that is true on your own online application.
Free Fishing Days in Missouri Set for June 9-10
No one, young or old, will need a license or trout permit these two days.

Lilleys' Landing Resort & Marina 888-545-5397
367 River Lane, Branson, MO 65616 lilleyslanding.com
Unsubscribe
This message was sent to [email protected] from [email protected]

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the 103 year old lady with the trout she caught...

jpeg.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom