SS payments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SS.png

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Full retirement age is 65-67 depending on your age. The break even point (taking it at 62 vs 65-67) is approx 81 yrs.
So, (financial needs being equal) if you have comorbidities or/& are in poor health it’s prudent to take the money early, & if you are in good health it might be prudent to wait as you will get more $ in the long run. Health, lifestyle, & Financial needs all play a role when deciding when to claim SS.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard on TV that Biden is suggesting or has presented in a bill tht social Security be reduced 24%. That is going to adversely impact those dependent upon only on a Social Security check monthly as their only source of income. (This was on youtube with Yellen and a Rep from California -Casiday). There was no mention of cutting money to illegals, welfare or other expenditures which was expected.

Joe Biden receives Social Security. Here's how much. - USA TODAY

Biden's 2024 budget doesn't include plan to shore up Social ...

Treasury Sec. Yellen Testifies on Pres. Biden's 2024 Budget ...

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read all of this but what's killing me is inflation. It's more like 18%. Or more.
A trip to WM is $175 or more. Before Biden it was $125. Taco Beuno was 6 and now 10.
Trappers was 12 now 17. I think they are skewing the numbers to hide the real inflation rate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom