St Patricks Day Pig.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How far away?

It died 276 yards from where the shooting sticks were. Im not sure where it was when she shot it but I know it didnt run 100 yards. Didnt seem like it ran anywhere near that and we were in a wheat field the whole time. So Im going to err or the side of caution and say it did run 100 yards so that will put it at 175. Either way it was a damn long shot for a 8yo off of shooting sticks after humping it 400 yards to get to shoot.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It died 276 yards from where the shooting sticks were. Im not sure where it was when she shot it but I know it didnt run 100 yards. Didnt seem like it ran anywhere near that and we were in a wheat field the whole time. So Im going to err or the side of caution and say it did run 100 yards so that will put it at 175. Either way it was a damn long shot for a 8yo off of shooting sticks after humping it 400 yards to get to shoot.
Yes indeed a great shot, she might be better than you. ;-) Earlier when you said 400 yards and then most recently said it was the 300 BO, I was really impressed. At that distance with the 300 BO you have some serious drop.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes indeed a great shot, she might be better than you. ;-) Earlier when you said 400 yards and then most recently said it was the 300 BO, I was really impressed. At that distance with the 300 BO you have some serious drop.

It wasnt over 200 yards and probably just shy of that. I have it about 1.5" high at 100 and Im shooting 125 SST at 2150fps so its still within probably 4" at 200yd. I havent looked it up or shot it that far so Im not sure.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It wasnt over 200 yards and probably just shy of that. I have it about 1.5" high at 100 and Im shooting 125 SST at 2150fps so its still within probably 4" at 200yd. I havent looked it up or shot it that far so Im not sure.
Yes and I wasn't trying to downplay her shot at all. 200 yard shot is really dang good.

200 yard zero would put it around 42-44" low at 400 yards if I am not mistaken.

bd79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty soon you won't have to worry about boys coming around. They'll be more afraid of her than they are of you. Great job and congrats!!!

If you acknowledge that American society is in decay, it is your obligation to fight to undo it. If you can't acknowledge that American society is in decay, you are providing proof that it is

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and I wasn't trying to downplay her shot at all. 200 yard shot is really dang good.

200 yard zero would put it around 42-44" low at 400 yards if I am not mistaken.

Oh I know. I just didnt want it to sound like it was further than it was.

I dont think I have ever ran the numbers out to 400 on a blackout. I know that after 200 it goes downhill quick. And after 300 its a rock.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do not need to hang the hams.
And stick the back straps on the smoker for an hour then into the pressure cooker for 90 minutes and let cool naturally.

Remove the lid and have some excellent pulled pork back straps..or front shoulders.. they work just as well.. in fact that is the quick way to do a deer front shoulder.. bone in.. no meat lost.
NO pressure cooker!
Then after the smoke bath double wrap in foil add some sauce and cook at 225F or so for about 5 hours,,, fall off the bone.

I ate backstrap that I cut into pork chops the day I shot my hog.. yea it was a bit tough.

But my buddies wife made store pork chops the other day and mine were more tender.. man i wished I had some water to get them down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom