St. Valentine’s Day Massacre 1929.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gang warfare ruled the streets of Chicago during the late 1920s, as chief gangster Al Capone sought to consolidate control by eliminating his rivals in the illegal trades of bootlegging, gambling and prostitution.

This rash of gang violence reached its bloody climax in a garage on the city’s North Side on February 14, 1929, when seven men associated with the Irish gangster George “Bugs” Moran, one of Capone’s longtime enemies, were shot to death by several men dressed as policemen. The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, as it was known, was never officially linked to Capone, but he was generally considered to have been responsible for the murders.

images.rarenewspapers.com_ebayimgs_2.60.2014_image005.jpg

chicagotruecrime.com_uploads_3_5_6_2_3562988_6711197.png_3435c378bb76d4357324dd7e69f3cd18.png

Weapons used...two Thompson submachine guns and two shotguns

www_trbimg_com_img_1455368268_turbine_chi_massacre_scene4_20040128_768_.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I went to Chicago a while back, we took a few tours (pizza, architecture and "speak-easys"). Made me want to check out the location of the massacre. Unfortunately, the street seems to have been moved and the building demolished. I think the actual spot is more or less on the median of the road now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I went to Chicago a while back, we took a few tours (pizza, architecture and "speak-easys"). Made me want to check out the location of the massacre. Unfortunately, the street seems to have been moved and the building demolished. I think the actual spot is more or less on the median of the road now.
I have relatives that live in Chicago. Went up there several years ago and got the Capone tour.
There was the million dollar bar that was a speakeasy. Hidden tunnel to get folks out if the feds came in the front door. Saw his house on one of the chain lakes, and the bar in the middle of the lake near his house that was also a speakeasy back inthe day. about a half mile from shore in any direction. Gave them time to stash stuff I guess if unwanted visitors showed up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom