Stabbing in downtown Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know just threw that out . need to start the WPA up again and get people off the streets. then institutionalize the legit crazy's.

From my understanding, the original WPA was "staffed" with people that really WANTED to work.

Friends of ours are in the horse racing industry, and they decided to go down to one of the mission places to offer $100 for a day's work to a couple of those that congregated there. All they would have had to do was spend about an hour or two cleaning out horse stalls.

None of them wanted to do it. Their excuse was that they could get all they wanted right there at the mission places without having to do any work at all.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From my understanding, the original WPA was "staffed" with people that really WANTED to work.
When FDR instituted work programs, as well as when Hitler did the same in Germany, the populace had suffered through economic strife like we've never seen, and the population was mostly folks with hard work instilled in them as part of the cultural DNA.

We fixed that, and now we have a different cultural DNA....

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Friends of ours are in the horse racing industry, and they decided to go down to one of the mission places to offer $100 for a day's work to a couple of those that congregated there. All they would have had to do was spend about an hour or two cleaning out horse stalls.

None of them wanted to do it. Their excuse was that they could get all they wanted right there at the mission places without having to do any work at all.
round them up and make them work being on the streets is no answer.!

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

because one day's work and $100 isn't going to change anything. it's a pointless offer that was only extended because someone couldn't or didn't want to do the work themselves.

you don't see homeless people with horses, do you?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My 86 year old father in law talks about the WPA. And he says the same thing. People wanted to work back then. If they didn’t work they didn’t eat. People had character; now, technology has made people self absorbed and only care about themselves. We see that in every aspect of life. Democrats have also driven wedges between as many groups of people as they could. Even between an unborn child and the mother.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 86 year old father in law talks about the WPA. And he says the same thing. People wanted to work back then. If they didn’t work they didn’t eat. People had character; now, technology has made people self absorbed and only care about themselves. We see that in every aspect of life. Democrats have also driven wedges between as many groups of people as they could. Even between an unborn child and the mother.
my point exactly! make them go to work or starve giving food money etc only makes it worse! food housing medical ix exchange for work no more free rides on the peoples backs.!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tired of my 88 year old dad having to deal with these agressive bums every time he goes to QT to put gas in his truck.! problem is only getting worse not better.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Round upo all the homeless and all the Illegals and
This homeless problem seems to be an epidemic everywhere, and it appears politicians are tiptoeing around the problem like they’re afraid of them for some reason.
I’m wondering at what point the public will get tired of these kinds of confrontations and take matters into their own hands. :anyone:
Round up all the homeless and the illegals, bus or fly them to DC , Delaware, & NY

Latest posts

Top Bottom