Stacatto C2 Review from Sage Dynamics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took me a shamefully long time to realize Staccato is STI rebranded. STI used to make good stuff, I had a STI race gun at one point, it performed well and certainly took a beating. I'm not surprised the Staccatos are well-regarded.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve watched Hilton Yam’s videos on the Staccato pistols and my understanding is they’ve made needed improvements to the STI 2011 platform. Most notably they’ve made improvements to the magazines which apparently needed a lot of tuning before.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took me a shamefully long time to realize Staccato is STI rebranded. STI used to make good stuff, I had a STI race gun at one point, it performed well and certainly took a beating. I'm not surprised the Staccatos are well-regarded.
I got to run a few when I shot USPSA back home, but never owned one. I loved them back then. Part of the reason I bought a C2.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve watched Hilton Yam’s videos on the Staccato pistols and my understanding is they’ve made needed improvements to the STI 2011 platform. Most notably they’ve made improvements to the magazines which apparently needed a lot of tuning before.
That was my experience too. Guys would buy 10-15 mags, the ones that ran, they kept. The ones that didn't, they had them tuned. I never dove that far down the rabbit hole. I ran an H&K USP 40 with Jet Funnel and mine ran great.

I've got the Gen 3 120mm mags that came with mine with an additional 120 and 2 140mm's. They all are flawless. I think they worked the kinks out well on the Gen 3 mags

glockadict

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They still make great guns. Rebranded because they are moving towards duty carry and not full blown race guns anymore. They have created a weird market though. They change their models often so now when they are discontinued the price on the resale market skyrockets. The 2019 Staccato P sells for more than a new one. The Combat Master they did with Taran Butler for John Wick has more than doubled in price. From $4k-$5k New to $8-$10k now. I have 2 STI's and a Staccato XC, love them all.