Stainless bead blasting in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Few threads found when searching, but they are older.

I'm looking at a 1911 that's stainless with and IT10T scratch and a few other marks. Wondering if anyone local does this, price etc?

Thanks in advance OSA

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look into glass bead, steel shot isn't going to do what you want. The odds of removing a scratch and have it match the rest of the matte would be extremely difficult almost impossible (shot size, psi). Can you post a pic?

Edit* plastic media could possibly do it, again just doing a small section would be very difficult to match.

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look into glass bead, steel shot isn't going to do what you want. The odds of removing a scratch and have it match the rest of the matte would be extremely difficult almost impossible (shot size, psi). Can you post a pic?

Edit* plastic media could possibly do it, again just doing a small section would be very difficult to match.
Can the entire slide and frame just not be beqd blasted?
20319.jpeg

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It absolutely does look like that. Fairly high grit also. Which could explain the scratch

Edit* obviously anything could scratch
If that’s the case a quick detail strip, hit on the scratches with alox, then a bead blast would bring it back to a nice soft sheen

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that’s the case a quick detail strip, hit on the scratches with alox, then a bead blast would bring it back to a nice soft sheen
Mr. Buffer is the man on this. I have industrial experience with different abrasive blasting. Only time I've blasted firearms was for Cerakote.

Edit* by different I mean; plastic, Al2O3, glass bead, shot peen/steel shot, black beauty, walnut, corn cob, pretty much in that order.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom